Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains after a match

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looking for advice from people who use trains after a match. Got a birthday meal to go to in Gars at 6pm on the day of the Coventry match. Will I need to incur the wrath of many on NSC by leaving early or will I still make it if I stay to final whistle? I'm in WSU so right side of ground for the station.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking for advice from people who use trains after a match. Got a birthday meal to go to in Gars at 6pm on the day of the Coventry match. Will I need to incur the wrath of many on NSC by leaving early or will I still make it if I stay to final whistle? I'm in WSU so right side of ground for the station.

WSU? :moo: I hope they open the upper tier otherwise it’s going to be pretty lonely

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Just be on your toes at full time and walk quickly, very quickly. I've never waited more than 35 minutes in the train queue, from a starting point similar to yours.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

We are WSU and for the first time in ages leaving on the final whistle yesterday did not make the 17:16 but got the 17:23 you will make 18:00 easily

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We had TWO pints after the game yesterday and my son FAFFED with his gloves and programme and made the 17.53 and got a seat right at the front. The 17.45 is normally a cert after one pint. Leave immediately and you'll have no worries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
You will make it easily now Southern have improved their act. At the worst you’ll only miss out on a starter.

Jul 7, 2003
You will make it easily now Southern have improved their act. At the worst you’ll only miss out on a starter.

You missed the emoji required to show sarcasm.

Yesterday they again ran the six car trains rather than eight which is made worse pre-match as the six car ones were the stopper that only serves to frustrate those at London Road and Moulescoomb. They also seem to have abandoned the sensible loading at Brighton station where they had multiple stewards opening the gates within the 'snake'.

Where loads of people left early again yesterday - mainly visiting fans - didn't bother queuing for the train as the queue was back past the no alcohol line so walked down the Lewes Road and picked up a bus part way. Was still in Brewdog before 6pm.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I walk into town after some games. You only have to wait for your legs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I walk into town after some games. You only have to wait for your legs.
I walked back to Brighton station once. One hour 50 minutes! Don't do it.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
As far as I am concerned, it has never really been a problem. I am in WSU and always make the third train out at 17:26 and have never missed the 17:48 Gatwick Express back to London.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If they don't open the upper tiers, you should easily make the first train after The Early Leaver Express. The trains can° cope with sub-20k actual attendance.More than 20k? Not so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here