Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] BetVictor advice needed.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I am not really a gambling type, just occasional flutter on horses.

Anyway at the beginning of the season I decided to do a bit of online betting on some PL games and chose Bet Victor.

I signed up and placed a £20 deposit using my bank debit card. After a couple of months I built up a balance of just over £80 and withdrew £50 back through the same debit card.

At the end of last week I had again got a balance of just over £80 and went to withdraw £50 again on Friday. However, my debit card had expired and my bank had not yet sent a replacement. So, as BV gave the option of changing the card I did so with a card of another bank account I have. This was accepted and was told the £50 had been paid back.

Yesterday, however, I got an email from BV saying they had cancelled my withdrawal and credited it back to my BV account. They said it was for my security. This is strange as the new card I used had my name on the same as the original.

Anyway BV then said I needed to send a colour copy of my passport or both sides of my driving licence. Also, a copy of my bank statement or utility bill showing my address.

I am not happy about this as my bank and all other financial bodies say never reply to or send sensitive information by email to anyone asking for same as it could be a scam

Anybody else come across this? If so, how did you deal with it?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for that. Strange they weren't worried about my security when I paid them money only when they are paying out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for that. Strange they weren't worried about my security when I paid them money only when they are paying out.

They might also have to comply with money laundering regulations, hence the request.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I had to do this as well a couple of years ago. Not happy about sending the information but nothing nasty has happened and I got my money.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Completely standard practice these days. Used to be reserved for more significant withdrawals but with the new more onerous money laundering regulations it seeman to have become common practice. Over the years every online bookie has accumulated my information with no repercussions whatsoever.

They will of course close your account in no time if you keep winning but that's another matter...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well, I don't know what Bet Victor have against me. I have many emails to which I have responded to fully and just can't get them to pass MY money to me. Everything they ask I reply to in full and they take the money out of my account and put in my bank.
Next day I get an email saying they are trying to protect me and put the money back into my Bet Victor account.
Have now told them any more of this nonsense and I will just close the account and try another company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here