Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Games (vs recent years)

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
25 Games.jpg
Looked at PL tables over the previous 5 seasons and compared to this. Some positives. No team as high as 15th at this point has gone down, only two teams (of the previous 15 relegated) had 24 points or more at this stage. It's incredibly close yes, but I think we still have a good chance of being in the PL next season.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Interesting that those relegated come from the bottom 5. This season with it so tight maybe from the bottom 7?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I think bottom 11 are in the mix as it stands, we're only 4 behind Bournemouth

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
More significant than current league position is points above 20th. In all 5 previous seasons the relegated teams came from a place within 8 points above 20th place at this stage.

If that is true for this season then everyone up to Bournemouth in 10th is at risk.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
View attachment 93768
Looked at PL tables over the previous 5 seasons and compared to this. Some positives. No team as high as 15th at this point has gone down, only two teams (of the previous 15 relegated) had 24 points or more at this stage. It's incredibly close yes, but I think we still have a good chance of being in the PL next season.

Let’s win today and then see what the overall picture looks like [emoji106]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
only two teams (of the previous 15 relegated) had 24 points or more at this stage
From the 5 seasons you've shown, 2 had 24 or more, and got relegated. Are you saying that another 2 in previous seasons had the same? Or those are the only 2?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
More significant than current league position is points above 20th. In all 5 previous seasons the relegated teams came from a place within 8 points above 20th place at this stage.

If that is true for this season then everyone up to Bournemouth in 10th is at risk.
20th isn't that relevant, as 3 clubs go down. Even if West Brom only had 5 points, everyone up to Bournemouth would still be at risk.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
20th isn't that relevant, as 3 clubs go down. Even if West Brom only had 5 points, everyone up to Bournemouth would still be at risk.

True, but the more teams that could catch Bournemouth makes their chance of going down greater.

This season is going to be a dull procession at the top and a fantastic fight at the bottom. It's all about the relegation battle this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This season is going to be a dull procession at the top and a fantastic fight at the bottom. It's all about the relegation battle this year.
Well it certainly is for us. I dare say that the fight for top four will be ok for those interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here