tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Hadn’t seen this mentioned before.
From today’s Times.

6F03195F-22D7-4F12-B847-75FDB2C7D8E5.jpeg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm not sure it's true to say that he built up 'much of' his fortune through Starlizard. But you know what these journalists are like.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Why does the club want to cut its formal links to the betting industry?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not sure it's true to say that he built up 'much of' his fortune through Starlizard. But you know what these journalists are like.

Peddlers of fake news. Much better to trust the president, or even the Prime Minister, who is so replete with content that she enlightens us with 'Brexit means Brexit'.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
one thing I have noticed in my away travels is how most clubs seem to have onsite bookies taking bets on games whilst we don't (unless I have missed it) not sure if this is a deliberate ethical/moral choice by the club or the fact they realise you can do it by phone/internet so why waste space which could be used for selling pies/drinks.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
one thing I have noticed in my away travels is how most clubs seem to have onsite bookies taking bets on games whilst we don't (unless I have missed it) not sure if this is a deliberate ethical/moral choice by the club or the fact they realise you can do it by phone/internet so why waste space which could be used for selling pies/drinks.

I'm fairly sure that Amex wasn't happy with it, when they bought the stadium naming rights.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

so where did he build his fortune from?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What became the sweet shop in the ESL was originally going to be a bookmakers.
If memory serves the only reason that didn't happen was the club couldn't make a deal work with any chain.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here