Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you in favour of giving Coventry a bigger than 15% allocation?

Should we give Coventry a bigger allocation?

• Total voters

Coventry took over 8000 to MK Dons in the last round and although we are a little further away, the consensus on their forum is that the 4500 (15%) allocation will likely sell out to season ticket holders.

It would be pretty easy for the club to give them H block in the East Lower thus increasing their allocation by about 600 to just over 5000.

Should we let them have this or keep it for ourselves (even if it looks like we won’t sell out in the home end)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
600 more seats is no big deal really as long as all albion fans who want seats get them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll make a change to have an atmosphere at the AMEX.

Give them the whole East Stand :jester:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are they not opening some of the upper tiers? If that is the case, could they not open one up and sell loads more tickets to Coventry fans? Seems daft limiting the number of tickets available when parts of the ground are left empty.

Are they not opening some of the upper tiers? If that is the case, could they not open one up and sell loads more tickets to Coventry fans? Seems daft limiting the number of tickets available when parts of the ground are left empty.

The concensus is we will need the upper tiers but it appears the club have taken a cautious approach after the super low turn out against Palace. The problem with the current policy is many are now waiting for the upper tiers to open thus giving BHAFC a lower projected demand than is actually there.

If the club had wanted to keep open the option of gving Coventry a super large allocation then they should have held back from flogging home seats in G block is the East Lower too, as there is the option to divide the concourse here. But G is already on sale to home fans so H block, minus segregation is about the most extra I think we could offer them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The concensus is we will need the upper tiers but it appears the club have taken a cautious approach after the super low turn out against Palace. The problem with the current policy is many are now waiting for the upper tiers to open thus giving BHAFC a lower projected demand than is actually there.

If the club had wanted to keep open the option of gving Coventry a super large allocation then they should have held back from flogging home seats in G block is the East Lower too, as there is the option to divide the concourse here. But G is already on sale to home fans so H block, minus segregation is about the most extra I think we could offer them.
Perhaps they should have planned for 6 to 8K Coventry fans in the first place then.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No ta...i think Coventry's current allocation is going to make a fair bit of noise which will already make it a good atmosphere ..its up to us lot to buy more tickets and shout a lot

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Perhaps they should have planned for 6 to 8K Coventry fans in the first place then.

Don't be daft, this idea would have taken some thought and the organisers don't have that.

If the East upper has more seats then give them all of that instead of behind the goal.

Don't be daft, this idea would have taken some thought and the organisers don't have that.

If the East upper has more seats then give them all of that instead of behind the goal.

As an away fan I hate upper tiers only. Necastle is a fine example. But anyhow, I think the ESU is about 5k so similar to the current options.

Also there is then the issue of the away mob being above the family stand - not ideal.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Coventry are my 2nd team if you like having lived in the area for years and can see the similarities between them now and us in the 90s. They are a big club evidenced by the JPT trophy final last year. I ponced a ticket through work and think it's the best atmosphere I've experienced at Wembley by far. Cov sold thier 30k+ allocation and Oxford took a fair few as well.

I'd like them to have as many tickets as possible for the following reasons :

1. Wasps now own the Ricoh. Next year the sky blue seats will be ripped out and replaced with Black and Gold. The tenancy agreement is unsigned and they are potential homeless again. Best case is they play in someone else's home.
2. In recent seasons home crowds have diminished. People have boycott the Ricoh to get Sisu out, the atmosphere is dire and they've been kicked out to Northampton. A number of people want an away day out. Who wouldn't when the alternative is Accrington away or kicking around a 30k stadium with 6k in it?
3. They haven't finished in the top 6 of any division for 46 years. They don't have much to cheer about.
4. We won't sell out. Villa closed a stand last year and we either couldn't go or had to go undercover in the home end. It's seems nonsensical to have empty seats which we could sell.

That all said we better win. My son is a lone seagulls fan up here and his mates all support cov. Having never seen us score let alone win that could tip him over the edge.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Where can the club put Coventry fans other than the south?
If they sell sell them parts of the East Upper there is no segregation? Would they give them blocks E3E F & G and segregate across from the E3E gate in the concourse. This gives them a bar, toilets and another 1500 seats (at a guess).
Next question would be does the club have to put the away fans together in one block?

Where can the club put Coventry fans other than the south?
If they sell sell them parts of the East Upper there is no segregation? Would they give them blocks E3E F & G and segregate across from the E3E gate in the concourse. This gives them a bar, toilets and another 1500 seats (at a guess).
Next question would be does the club have to put the away fans together in one block?

To answer the first question, and already answered, away fans can be accomodated in the G and H blocks of the East Lower. There is already concourse segregation that can segregate just H hlock or G and H. It’s been used before, most recently, I think Arsenal.

The difference for Arsenal is they were not also given the SW corner which Coventry already have.

As we have already begun selling home seats in G block of the East, the only real option for more for them is just H block. But this would take them to over 5k. As it stands thay have the whole of the south, including both corners for 4500.

As for having them in two areas. To the best of my knowledge, none of the other stands have concourse segregation

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here