[Brighton] BBC1 - programme just started about Brighton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hope they don't look at the Upper Lewes road between the Viaduct Road lights and the Martha Gun .

What’s happened there then? I haven’t been along there for years, but used to live round the corner in Hollingdean Road.

Whilst it was never the jewel in the city’s crown, it wasn’t somewhere I’d have singled out for particular criticism.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What’s happened there then? I haven’t been along there for years, but used to live round the corner in Hollingdean Road.

Whilst it was never the jewel in the city’s crown, it wasn’t somewhere I’d have singled out for particular criticism.

I'm also interested, I grew up and lived not far from there and my grandparents lived very close to Upper Lewes Road.
I haven't been along that road for many years though, I remember a decent chip shop near the Martha Gun.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What's gone wrong there?

It's very " Studently " up there, ie bin bags put out on the wrong days and overflowing recycling bins, resulting in crap everywhere up and down the road once the Foxes and Gulls have got stuck in...no one picks it up, it just get blown up and down the road.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's very " Studently " up there, ie bin bags put out on the wrong days and overflowing recycling bins, resulting in crap everywhere up and down the road once the Foxes and gulls have Got stuck in...no one picks it up, it just get blown up and down the road.

Sounds very much like the Coombe Road / Bear Road area, Hanover was going that way the last time I visited.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds very much like the Coombe Road / Bear Road area, Hanover was going that way the last time I visited.

Often a crap sofa on the pavement along there too.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The best fish and chip shop in Brighton. It was our little secret. Don’t think it’s there any more, though.

I used to sometimes drink in the Hare and Hounds at Preston Circus in my late teens, always called in for chips on the way home.

D

Deleted User X18H

Did they show the druggies in doorways along Grand Parade? Did they show the people who sleep outside Aldi on London Road ?
Did they show the people who live in tents in Victoria Gardens or at the bottom of Preston Drove?
Did they go to Whitehawk to verify what the Rowntree Foundation described as one of the worst areas of social exclusion in the UK?

Brighton just a place to live - not a place to show off about being in!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Did anyone find the programme worth watching? It looked like local BBC had a 30 minute slot to fill and just spliced together some bits from other shows.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here