Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The A33

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think of me (and others who live in these parts) going to the Amex for evening games in the reverse direction. Having to leave no later than 4.00pm. Not too bad going east on the M27/A27 then the interminable doughnuts on the Chichester bypass, the bottleneck at Arundel, the clusterf*** through Worthing and Sompting, then hoping and praying that there isn't a tailback at the junction for Hollingbury and Coldean Lane. By the time I get to Mithras House I'm knackered. Then four hours later the whole process is repeated going westbound, with the added bonus of nighttime road closures and diversions for repair works.

Who'd be a football fan eh?

The family in front of us at the Amex travel up from Southampton and have never missed a match. Have newfound respect for them after last night!

Dec 9, 2015
Best to come off the M27 at Jct 8 ( Hamble ) turn left at the bottom of the slip road, up to the roundabout and take the third exit , think its the
A3024, marked Bitterne and city centre. Whatever road you take into the city they are all loaded with lights.

24This road takes you direct to the stadium.

Whatever road you take into the city they are all full of lights.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Best to come off the M27 at Jct 8 ( Hamble ) turn left at the bottom of the slip road, up to the roundabout and take the third exit , think its the
A3024, marked Bitterne and city centre. Whatever road you take into the city they are all loaded with lights.

We did this and parked at Bitterne station for free. It's about 20 mins walk from there (although we went to the Rockstone pub first). After the game, we were able to walk as quickly as the traffic moved, and from Bitterne it was pretty clear. Home to Lewes by 1130.

PG

Jul 7, 2003

Got held up at work so left a bit later than planned. Took me two hours to get from Worthing to Woolston - never been so slow getting there from the M27 before. Didn't realise how much development was going on down there now with new flats etc and also how much the street parking has changed with new restrictions. Did a couple of circuits of Woolston before deciding to risk parking in a residents parking spot.

Only good thing was the journey back was very quick and I was back home about the same time I am after an evening game at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here