Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The A33

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
What kind of cockamamie road is that for a main route into and out of town.

Littered with traffic lights and roundabouts.

Even Portsmouth has better expressways to the heart of their city.

Sort it out Barber!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
23r4r0.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On a crapness-per-mile ratio, it was the worst trip to a game I can remember last night.

As the crow flies isn't it less than 60 miles from Brighton to Southampton? How can such a short journey be so awful?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
As the crow flies isn't it less than 60 miles from Brighton to Southampton? How can such a short journey be so awful?

Left the Amex at 3.50pm (half hour late - that 30 mins prob made the traffic we hit even worse), got there at 7.15pm - 3hrs 25mins - hmm.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

The south coast really is terrible to travel along, isn't it? If you drive from Brighton to Southampton you're guaranteed to get stuck in traffic and crawl your way there. If you get the train it still takes an age because it has to stop at about 400 stations on the way. Not to mention the inevitable SASTA delays.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Left the Amex at 3.50pm (half hour late - that 30 mins prob made the traffic we hit even worse), got there at 7.15pm - 3hrs 25mins - hmm.

How come it was half an hour late leaving ? Not waiting for STRAGGLERS I hope.

el punal

Think of me (and others who live in these parts) going to the Amex for evening games in the reverse direction. Having to leave no later than 4.00pm. Not too bad going east on the M27/A27 then the interminable doughnuts on the Chichester bypass, the bottleneck at Arundel, the clusterf*** through Worthing and Sompting, then hoping and praying that there isn't a tailback at the junction for Hollingbury and Coldean Lane. By the time I get to Mithras House I'm knackered. Then four hours later the whole process is repeated going westbound, with the added bonus of nighttime road closures and diversions for repair works.

Who'd be a football fan eh?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think of me (and others who live in these parts) going to the Amex for evening games in the reverse direction. Having to leave no later than 4.00pm. Not too bad going east on the M27/A27 then the interminable doughnuts on the Chichester bypass, the bottleneck at Arundel, the clusterf*** through Worthing and Sompting, then hoping and praying that there isn't a tailback at the junction for Hollingbury and Coldean Lane. By the time I get to Mithras House I'm knackered. Then four hours later the whole process is repeated going westbound, with the added bonus of nighttime road closures and diversions for repair works.

Who'd be a football fan eh?

There's a few of you in Southampton too. I know Carrot Cruncher and Hiney are there and I think HKFC is too. I did think of all of you last night because I am NEVER doing that again and I was just the passenger, not even driving :lolol:

No, if we play them next season and if I decide to go I shall be going as early as possible by train and, if it's midweek, the nearby Premier Inn shall be getting my custom. What an absolute clusterf*** of a journey.

Still, at least the game made it worth while eh? :lolol: *ducks*

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The south coast really is terrible to travel along, isn't it? If you drive from Brighton to Southampton you're guaranteed to get stuck in traffic and crawl your way there. If you get the train it still takes an age because it has to stop at about 400 stations on the way. Not to mention the inevitable SASTA delays.

Oh it's dreadful. When I was working in Basingstoke and commuting by train the people in the office couldn't believe I came via Clapham Junction. As you say both the East/West rail service and the A27 are shocking and desperately need improving. Won't happen though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here