Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton press conference

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
“Yes we’re aware they have one or two injuries, but make no mistake it’s going to be a very, very difficult game, against an excellent team who have many talented individuals throughout their squad who can hurt you. They have strength in all areas, they’re well organised, they defend extremely well as a unit, and they carry a genuine threat going forward, so I’m expecting an incredibly tough afternoon. They have real quality all over the pitch, so we know we’re undoubtedly going to have to be at our absolute best to have any chance of taking anything from this particular game. David is a hugely experienced manager who I know well, so I know that he’ll have them all well drilled. And let’s not forget, they are on a tremendous run right now, so we must give them the utmost respect”.

Etc.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
“Yes we’re aware they have one or two injuries, but make no mistake it’s going to be a very, very difficult game, against an excellent team who have many talented individuals throughout their squad who can hurt you. They have strength in all areas, they’re well organised, they defend extremely well as a unit, and they carry a genuine threat going forward, so I’m expecting an incredibly tough afternoon. They have real quality all over the pitch, so we know we’re undoubtedly going to have to be at our absolute best to have any chance of taking anything from this particular game. David is a hugely experienced manager who I know well, so I know that he’ll have them all well drilled. And let’s not forget, they are on a tremendous run right now, so we must give them the utmost respect”.

And repeat before every match...........

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sounds like we're going to put in an exciting offensive performance then :shit:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Etc.

I thought it was really decent of you to provide a write-up but I've just checked something, and...

"2017/18 PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 26

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v West Ham United

Saturday 4th February 2018 – 1500 BST

Dear all,

Please find below details of our Manager's Press Conference:

DATE: Thursday 1st February

TIME: 2pm

VENUE: American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Mash Barn Lane, Brighton BN15 9FP

SUBJECT: Chris Hughton"

...it's not even happened yet.

Have you invented a time machine?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Oh FFS

1 or 2 injured? It's a lot more than that!
Tremendous run? Going out to Wigan in the cup after scraping through against Shrewsbury. 1-1 draws vs Spurs, Bournemouth and Palace with a 4-1 win vs a Huddersfield who seem to be in freefall.
Hardly tremendous is it?

But never mind, lets respect a god awful team with a lot of players unavailable and set up for a point in a must win game.

:rant::rant::rant:

Edit: Just seen Bozza's post and this isn't his actual press conference. Even so, wouldn't surprise me if he said this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh FFS

1 or 2 injured? It's a lot more than that!
Tremendous run? Going out to Wigan in the cup after scraping through against Shrewsbury. 1-1 draws vs Spurs, Bournemouth and Palace with a 4-1 win vs a Huddersfield who seem to be in freefall.
Hardly tremendous is it?

But never mind, lets respect a god awful team with a lot of players unavailable and set up for a point in a must win game.

:rant::rant::rant:

Edit: Just seen Bozza's post and this isn't his actual press conference. Even so, wouldn't surprise me if he said this.

West Ham's first 12 games delivered 9 points. Their next 12 delivered 17. Clearly if any team manages 17 from 12 games in the bottom half, it is pretty well tremendous I would say. (not that this is anything other than [MENTION=21064]Easy10[/MENTION] 's frustrated use of vocabulary)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I thought it was really decent of you to provide a write-up but I've just checked something, and...

Dear all,

VENUE: American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Mash Barn Lane, Brighton BN15 9FP

If so, then I would like another two weeks in Gran Canaria.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Dear all,

I'm thinking I probably don't need one. But we'll see this afternoon I guess.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Etc.

Well you got me its going to be extremely accurate

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It is something I would expect him to say.
He's not going to come out and say this is my team this is my formation, West Ham are shit and the 11 they put out are rubbish.
Last year it was all praise that our manager is not a loud mouthed embarrassing prat. Now seems people want to pick holes in him left right and centre
No matter what 11 they put out they are not going to be a pushover but I'm sure he will put out a team he thinks can win the game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is something I would expect him to say.
He's not going to come out and say this is my team this is my formation, West Ham are shit and the 11 they put out are rubbish.
Last year it was all praise that our manager is not a loud mouthed embarrassing prat. Now seems people want to pick holes in him left right and centre
No matter what 11 they put out they are not going to be a pushover but I'm sure he will put out a team he thinks can win the game

Obviously not. But there is a balance to be struck, and for my money, Chris is being too deferential to the opposition every week. Of course I'm not expecting him to be a gobby tubthumping goon, that's not his style. Be respectful of the opposition, but lets not be in awe of them, or afraid of them.

That's how he often seems to send us out though, its often how we look, and its no surprise, given his constant talking up of whoever we are playing. I want to hear him talking up OUR strengths, not theirs all the bloody time.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017

Etc.

Copy and paste this for just about any game this season, find and replace the team in question. Don't know whether to laugh or cry at the accuracy

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
God you lot are slow.

Quite.

Firstly this is exactly the same spiel we've had at every press conference since he took over; it's not a PL thing.
Secondly what he says in the press conference is not always the same as what he says to the players.

But the time machine must be working well, because Ireckon Easy has it bang on there.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Etc.

Can't believe you caught some. You even put the etc. Well played, sir.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
LOL. Classic work from an NSC thicko.

Do you really think our PLAYERS give two hoots what Chris says in press conferences? They probably don't even know let alone care.

Do you really think Chris Hughton is guilty of serial poor man management and motivation because of the way he gives lip service respect to opponents in public?

Do you really think that Chris Hughton is not a proper footballing man with a burning passion for his club to aggressively and ruthlessly bring down their opponents and succeed in the league?

Do you really think that you know more than Chris Hughton about the best way to gather the most points from a season of professional football?

I suspect you have somehow convinced yourself of ALL of the above. The echo chamber element of NSC will have played a big part in your delusion.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Etc.

Give them fck all respect Chris. Change the mindset !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Etc.

So Chris, can you tell us any more about Nick Powell?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Obviously not. But there is a balance to be struck, and for my money, Chris is being too deferential to the opposition every week. Of course I'm not expecting him to be a gobby tubthumping goon, that's not his style. Be respectful of the opposition, but lets not be in awe of them, or afraid of them.

That's how he often seems to send us out though, its often how we look, and its no surprise, given his constant talking up of whoever we are playing. I want to hear him talking up OUR strengths, not theirs all the bloody time.

Agreed. It cannot be good for the squad psychologically to hear that every week they are going into the hardest game of their lives. Must be bloody knackering mentally to have that mindset. We are MORE than capable of being better than the following sides "on our day";

Swansea
Soton
West Brom
West Ham
Huddersfield
Newcastle
Palace

Let's start believing it a bit more, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here