Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everyone Get Home Alright Last Night?

el punal

For me, it was a luxury. A brisk 30 minute walk from ground to front door! So most Albion fans had a journey in reverse to me when I do Amex evening games. I did notice that traffic was at a standstill on Northam Road for a good 40 minutes after the game. I hope Southern did the honourable thing and not cancel any trains.

Onwards and upwards!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We parked over the bridge, so it was a brisk walk back to the car (and it was brrrrrrrisk on the bridge itself), picked up a sandwich in a Co-op and then on our way. A bit of queueing for the first mile or two and then an easy drive. Back in Worthing around 23:15.

If it was at the Amex, I'd have been back later.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Back to the Amex for 11.50pm - a breeze compared to the journey there, hold ups galore, and 7.15pm arrival!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I was back in Chailey at 1145 - just in time to catch us on MOTD.
Dreadful getting there. Left 4pm - parked near the bridge - missed first 5 mins of the match.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dreadful getting there. Left 4pm - parked near the bridge - missed first 5 mins of the match.

I left Worthing at 5 and the Sat Nav was quietly confident I'd have time to find some pre-match chips. The ETA got later and later.

We got into the ground just as Izquierdo didn't make it 1-0. What a terrible strike that was. And I didn't get any chips.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Still travelling. At Guildford heading to London, stayed the night in Haslemere with Saints supporting in laws. Don't know what was worse the traffic to the ground or Saints moaning on the way back.
Should be home by midday.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got a lift, back in Brighton by 11.30. Journey back a breeze, the journey there though...ouch

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Left Worthing at 3.45, we got to West field shopping centre thingy at 5.50, had a pint in the Slug and Lettuce, ( draught Old Speckled Hen, lovely) in the ground by 7.15.

Left St Mary’s at about 10, home by 11.30. Good all round, apart from the game.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Left pagham just after 5. Finally parked up opposite ground otherside of river at 6.45. Nightmare journey. The walk back to the car warmed us up. Home in felpham by 11.05pm

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dreadful, dreadful journey there. Left my mate's in Burgess Hill at 4.15 and got in to the ground a minute before kick off having accidentally queue jumped at junction 7 and parked in a multi story near the Mayflower theatre. Home was a breeze though, a bit of queuing to get on to the M27 but that was just a nice opportunity to get the in car heating on and the radio tuned to 5 Live. Home in Portslade by 11.40. Thanks [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] for driving.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For me, it was a luxury. A brisk 30 minute walk from ground to front door! So most Albion fans had a journey in reverse to me when I do Amex evening games. I did notice that traffic was at a standstill on Northam Road for a good 40 minutes after the game. I hope Southern did the honourable thing and not cancel any trains.

Onwards and upwards!

Brisk walk to the car (London Road) and home in Chandlers Ford at 22.14pm.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Amazing what a difference about 50 minutes does, our coach left the Amex and about ten past three and we were at the ground just over two hours before ko

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I left Worthing at 5 and the Sat Nav was quietly confident I'd have time to find some pre-match chips. The ETA got later and later.

We got into the ground just as Izquierdo didn't make it 1-0. What a terrible strike that was. And I didn't get any chips.

We left Findon Valley at 3.45 and arrived at the car park by the bridge at Woolston at 5.30 - plenty of time for food and drinks so glad I finished work early!
Back Home at 11pm

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got to Southampton for 5.30 and found on-street parking on Chapel St which was 5 min walk away. Bargain at £3. Drive back was fine, stopped at a petrol station on A27 east of Chichester and was amused to see every customer in there was a Albion fan on way home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here