Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Player Ratings - Southampton

2 Not allowed!
    Ryan - 6 - a decent game marred by two near howlers
    Bong - 6 - started well, then looked lightweight and gave the ball away a lot
    Schelotto - 6 - had his moments but another erratic performance
    Dunk - 8 - too good for us
    Duffy - 7 - better from the big man
    Stephens - 6 - got sucked so deep and offered little going forwards
    Propper - 6 - see Stephens
    March - 6 - a generous mark as he won the pen and did take someone on on a couple of occasions but lightweight and conceded the free kick for the goal
    Izquirdo - 5 - didn’t really offer much. Seemed reluctant to take on his man and missed a sitter
    Gros - 5 - not sure what’s happened with him. Looks a shadow of the player we had in August/September
    Murray - 8 - MOTM. A busy, bustling centre forward display. Let down by a lack of support. Cool penalty

Ulloa - 6
    Kayal - 6

Hughton - 3 - predictable, cautious and like for like substitutions. Southampton were there for the taking but they changed it at half time. He just doesn’t cut it tactically, in particular offensively.
    Last edited by Skaville; 01-02-2018 at 00:28.
    I'm in the mood for ska

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Skaville View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      March - 6 - a generous mark as he won the pen and did take someone on on a couple of occasions but lightweight and conceded the free kick for the goal
      Izquirdo - 5 - didn’t really offer much. Seemed reluctant to take on his man
      Gros - 5 - not sure what’s happened with him. Looks a shadow of the player we had in August/September
      Murray - 8 - MOTM. A busy, bustling centre forward display. Let down by a lack of support. Cool penalty

Ulloa - 6
      Kayal - 6

Hughton - 3 - predictable, cautious and like for like substitutions. Southampton were there for the taking but they changed it at half time. He just doesn’t cut it tactically, in particular offensively.
      I think you meant they ALL gave the ball away alot.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sllugaes View Post

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci
      True. I did consider doing ratings for the first 15 minutes and the following 75 because it really was a great start suffocated by a managers negative game plan.
      I'm in the mood for ska

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sllugaes View Post

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci
      This. I Thought Dunk was a 7 at best. More 6. Duffy I thought was better than Dunk tonight.

And i thought Mike Dean wasn't half bad. Only a couple of fouls i thought were lightweight but overall better than i expected. And he gave us a Pen.

1 Not allowed!
      True. I did consider doing ratings for the first 15 minutes and the following 75 because it really was a great start suffocated by a managers negative game plan.
      Yep unfortunately so much hope, just vanished yet again into negativity.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci
      Why did you let it bounce Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      it really was a great start suffocated by a managers negative game plan.
      Hear hear to that.

Don't agree with Murray as MOTM as he had offsideitis again, but sadly I couldn't pick an alternative candidate. March had a nightmare, I'd stick him down to 4/10. Else pretty much spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I saw a man, using an empty whisky flask, as a walkie talkie

"You buried VAR with full military honours" - Henry Winter
      Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Just back home, sat with the Saints supporters on the side as was invited by a friend:

Ryan.. 5 That wall you set up for the free kick was ridiculous, one in it and Isquierdo
      wandering around behind him
      Scholetto 6 Was better in defence, great runs but going nowhere, needs to learn to
      cross the ball
      Dunk 7 Did well, but was stretched by long in the first half
      Duffy 6 Not sure if he's drunk or concussed, predictable and complacent
      Bong 7 Got forward on anumber of occassions
      Stephens 6 Passed the ball back a lot, but when the midfield is so light in numbers
      he's going to be under pressure from the start
      Propper 4 I've given him half a season and its not happening, I would like to know
      how many times he actually touched the ball. He's being carried.
      Gross 5 A poor game, never got into it, looked slow, second to the ball.
      Isquierdo 5 Missed a sitter in the first minute, continually made the wrong choices,
      tried to cut in ala West Ham and failed to take on the full back when he
      clearly had the legs.
      March 7 Worked hard, had several good runs, crossing not so special and got
      booked, but he was up for it.
      Murray 9 One almost everything in the air, held the ball, laid it off and supported in
      defence, could not have done any more.

Ulloa/Kayal 12 minutes, whats the point Chris

Hughton 2 Some on here say that he would be the man to bring us back up if we were relegated, but he's the man that will put us down. Southampton were poor in the first half, but as predicted,we score and the order goes out to defend for an hour. Becoming really tired of the same old negative tactics, invitably we concede. Two points lost tonight without a doubt, sorry to say it but Hughton is a Championship manager with a Premiership team. How long will we have to endure this. he gets 2 from me for standing on the sidelines with his hands in his pockets.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Izquirdo - 5 - didn’t really offer much. Seemed reluctant to take on his man and missed a sitter

Ulloa - 6
      Kayal - 6

Can’t disagree really. Second half the midfield were AWOL - both wingers were terrible, both full backs not much better, Gross shocking, Stephens and Propper couldn’t find a pass (or a tackle). Wasn’t ideal really.

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan 5

Bong 5
      Dunk 7
      Duffy 6
      Schelotto 6

Izquierdo 5
      Stephens 6
      Pröpper 4
      March 4

Groß 4

Murray 7

Subs

Ulloa n/a but looked like what we need based on the limited amount we saw
      Kayal n/a - came on too late to do anything

Manager 3 - woeful

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan.. 5.5 really needs to organise and control the defence
      Scholetto 5.5 love his determination to come forward but has to do something with it
      Dunk 7 Did well MOTM for me
      Duffy 6 Poor first half much better second half
      Bong 5 can't pass or cross the ball I would rather have had Suttner who at least can cross the ball
      Stephens 6 I know he can play better
      Propper 5 does a lot of work but looses the ball too easily
      Gross 5 not strong enough i don't think we can afford to play him, March and Propper at same time
      Izsquierdo 6.5 Missed his miss so maybe marking him too high but in first 15 -20 minutes looked a threat and played far too deep for the rest of teh game
      March 5.5 caught out of position too often and weak in the tackle, need him to put in a Birmingham performance
      Murray 7 good for 60 minutes but faded , needs someone to be up there with him

Ulloa & Kayal not enough time to make their mark.

For 20 minutes we seemed ok coming forward and having scored we really needed to put the game to bed but we didn't and couldn't . We give the ball away far too easily and have no one controlling the midfield. we then sat back...