Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace sign Alexander Sorloth

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
E029E879-D135-435B-8EF8-DDC2ADC164B0.png

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
A quick look seems to show he's 5 months older than Mathias Norman and they both played for Bodo/Glimt in 2015, although Norman went out on loan that season to a team called Alta so didn't play together.

Looks like he will be a force to be reckoned with:lolol:

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Watched him play last summer in the Danish Superliga against Odense (it was very wet and windy - v English conditions). Stood out because of his height, however I though he was weak off the ball and very slow. Reasonable quality on the ball. Unless my football intelligence has completely deserted me, there’s no way he’ll make it in the PL. Mid table Championship quality in my opinion. If a non PL club had bid they would be asking for 2-3 million tops.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Who knows? He's a tall lad. Scored quite a few in Denmark this season, but not very prolific in the Eredivisie in the previous two seasons.

One for the U23s?

If we had signed him this is what he would be, but they seem to have signed him as back-up to Benteke.

If Matthew Benham had thought he was Premier League quality he would have signed him for Brentford for a couple of seasons then sold him for even more (if he scored the goals)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh deep joy.

Let's have another thread that can be :bounce:d straight back at us, in our darkest hour!

#NeverLearn.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My Sparta Prague supporting mate is just telling me this morning they have broken their transfer record on a Romanian... four million Euro..... FOUR!!!!
We have come a long, long way.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Statement signing for their top 4 challenge IMHO. We'll be lucky to stop him putting 5 past us when we play them.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
https://www.thelocal.no/20180201/pr...norway-striker-to-premier-league-danish-media

The sale of Norwegian striker Alexander Sørloth from Danish club FC Midtjylland to Premier League Crystal Palace has been described as 'crazy' by media in Denmark...

... reported initial £8.8 million. But that fee could rise to as much as £16.5 million....

... Another remarkable aspect of the transfer is the fact that 22-year-old Sørloth, who has 12 caps and one goal for Norway, has only been at Midtjylland for half a season....

The Jutland club signed him for £300,000 last summer, with his previous notable high-level experience coming in the Dutch Eredivisie, where he scored just six goals over two seasons for FC Groningen.....

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
At a time when this place can seem doom and gloom, Palace signing this guy should put a smile on all our faces. No way is he worth £9 million. With good training and development maybe, just maybe, he could raise himself to a Tomer Hemed level. My danish friends are stunned by this deal - the Danish Superliga is top half League 1 standard.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not had a good transfer window has Prince Charming ? Didn't even make his twice yearly bid for Dunk.

And along with the fact that Loftus Cheek is out for a while, and back in the Chelsea treatment room, the palace squad now looks very 'thin'.

Only Dwayne Dibbley can save them ? ???

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not had a good transfer window has Prince Charming ? Didn't even make his twice yearly bid for Dunk.

And along with the fact that Loftus Cheek is out for a while, and back in the Chelsea treatment room, the palace squad now looks very 'thin'.

Only Dwayne Dibbley can save them ? ???
Without Dwayne they really have nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here