Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack..."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was this second-half chant from Albion fans, the first bit of dissent towards Hughton's tactics?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It was hilarious that the attack broke down and they hit us on the break really quickly four on three.

I was half expecting a sarcastic ‘Defend, defend, defend, defend, defend.’

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll go down with a whimper. It was pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Was this second-half chant from Albion fans, the first bit of dissent towards Hughton's tactics?

No the musings of some idiots who think they know more about coaching and managing a premier league team then CH. They completely overlooked the double change at half time by Southampton which improved them going forward. But seem content that we abandon defending and end up losing 2-5 so they can say, well we gave it a go, and wasn't it entertaining.

An away point which moves us up to 15th with a home game to come on Saturday.

I would be more worried if I was a Southampton fan, of their 13 games remaining 8 are away from home, and this includes a sequence of four away in a row where points will be hard to come by.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I remember when some of us fans at the end of last season were very unhappy with how we went down without a whimper in the race for the Championship title.

At that time it was stated that if we took that no fight mindset into the PL we'd be coming straight down. Seems nothing has changed (yet) to suggest that we have changed or improved our desire to fight for anything when it gets a bit too hard and so much is on the line.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Wasn't for me, more frustration, but then again who decides the Tic Taks? And which flavour?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack..."

No the musings of some idiots who think they know more about coaching and managing a premier league team then CH. They completely overlooked the double change at half time by Southampton which improved them going forward. But seem content that we abandon defending and end up losing 2-5 so they can say, well we gave it a go, and wasn't it entertaining.

I would be more worried if I was a Southampton fan, of their 13 games remaining 8 are away from home, and this includes a sequence of four away in a row where points will be hard to come by.

People don't spend three hours in traffic jams and £20 on match tickets for sensible, soporific pragmatism. We want to be entertained, or at least not to have our evening reduced to waiting for the moment the equaliser happens.

"If you want entertainment go and watch clowns" - Alan Durban. When Mike Bailey adopted that philosophy here most of our fans sodded off to watch clowns, or at least 'not football'. We may have finished 13th one season but the drop in numbers was the beginning of the gory years.

Last edited:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Were you there?

If that was 'idiots' then the core of our away support are idiots because from what I could make out it seemed most felt that way, at the time and walking back to the station, the feeling was that we should have won that, could have won that, maybe would have won that if we had stayed on the front foot and made positive changes earlier in the 2nd half. Their owns fans booed them off at HT (same as WHU and Swansea), they were there for the absolute taking, but we sat off, AGAIN, the team/players we have are actually better than that and are not being given a chance to show it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We weren't good but the three points were there for the taking. Our most expensive player a forward played half the game as a left back and that says it all. Our midfield cannot hold the ball or pick a pass.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
People don't spend three hours in traffic jams and £20 on match tickets for sensible, soporific pragmatism. We want to be entertained, or at least not to have our evening reduced to waiting for the moment the equaliser happens.

"If you want entertainment go and watch clowns" - Alan Durban. When Mike Bailey adopted that philosophy here most of our fans sodded off to watch clowns, or at least 'not football'. We may have finished 13th one season but the drop in numbers was the beginning of the gory years.

And look where the change in tactics got us under Mike Bailey, he was sacked due to poor results, and we got the clown in, and the downward spiral was completed. Left Mike Bailey to manage his way, and the last 46 years could have been completely different

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Were you there?

If that was 'idiots' then the core of our away support are idiots because from what I could make out it seemed most felt that way, at the time and walking back to the station, the feeling was that we should have won that, could have won that, maybe would have won that if we had stayed on the front foot and made positive changes earlier in the 2nd half. Their owns fans booed them off at HT (same as WHU and Swansea), they were there for the absolute taking, but we sat off, AGAIN, the team/players we have are actually better than that and are not being given a chance to show it.

Yes I was there, and enjoying a quality defensive display.

If there isn't a lucky deflection off Izquiredo on the drilled free kick, we probably would have come away with a win, given that Southampton's best chance was down to Ryan trying to be Czech an gift them a call.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And look where the change in tactics got us under Mike Bailey, he was sacked due to poor results, and we got the clown in, and the downward spiral was completed. Left Mike Bailey to manage his way, and the last 46 years could have been completely different

Bamber listened to the fans and got rid and we got the balding, dancing, gorgeous model shagging genius called Jimmy Melia.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes I was there, and enjoying a quality defensive display.

If there isn't a lucky deflection off Izquiredo on the drilled free kick, we probably would have come away with a win, given that Southampton's best chance was down to Ryan trying to be Czech an gift them a call.

...and could you, in your heart of hearts, honestly say that we deserved anything more than a draw out of that shambolic display? We are past masters at snatching dull, lifeless draws from the jaws of awaiting victory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we wanted Skalak in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here