Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Argus apologises to Harty

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I couldn’t see the donation mentioned in the article? Is this fact or conjecture, I wouldn’t want you getting into trouble sir....

2000 pound awarded by the argus and it will be shared between two charities of Ian's choice (chestnut amd st barnabas)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yeah I'd completely forgotten about that. :jester:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Got this image of Harty as Robert Wagner now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why did they need to give him an apology? (I don't read The Arsegas.)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Quite right too. Are they putting the apology article on page 1 of the hard copy rag? I'd be surprised.

Let's be honest, this is the pathetic level of "journalism" that the Argus has been headed towards for many years. The numpties that the paper now employs clearly don't check facts. They can't even be bothered to spellcheck.

Would we really miss this rag if it ceased being published tomorrow?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If you read the link in the original post it explains that a significant element in the online version oc the story, was untrue

No thanks. I know it's petty, but I won't give them the satisfaction of even one page click after the hyperbolic 'The day it rained fire' cover it ran the Monday after the Shoreham Air Crash. It's kinda my equivalent to people who won't shop on the Goldstone Retail Park. Hence I don't ever set eyes on a copy in real life of online.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Woeful bit of journalism. The incident was of no interest to anyone in the first place. To then get it so badly wrong is pathetic. Glad they have had to back down and the charities have benefited as a result.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Poor journalism these days in what was once a good and serious rag. Stories they have ran that I've had knowledge of on a personal level have been printed with factual inaccuracies. An exception was Justin Parkinson who covered a story concerning myself back in 1999. Very professional. A quick search has him at the BBC now. Unsurprising.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Woeful bit of journalism. The incident was of no interest to anyone in the first place. To then get it so badly wrong is pathetic. Glad they have had to back down and the charities have benefited as a result.

Couldn't agree more.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If you read the link in the original post it explains that a significant element in the online version oc the story, was untrue

most of which was gleaned from the incident report from w sussexs' finest .......they have an agenda against the molotov bar and it's owners .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Argus publishing complete shit? Whatever next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here