Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All this talk about Leo . . . What about Glenn?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With all the, (understandable), excitement about Leo's secong coming, I hope people don't look upon him as a like for like replacement for Glenn Murray.

In my opinion Glenn is every bit as good as his rival, is a good team player nowadays, can defend just as well as attack, and weighs in with his share of goals. Rotate the two of them l say.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Rotation is the key here. Probably start with Leo and bring on Glen with 20 to go and vice versa. I don't think either could stand 90mins week in week out in the Premier league at the twilight of their careers to be fair.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
With all the, (understandable), excitement about Leo's secong coming, I hope people don't look upon him as a like for like replacement for Glenn Murray.

In my opinion Glenn is every bit as good as his rival, is a good team player nowadays, can defend just as well as attack, and weighs in with his share of goals. Rotate the two of them l say.

He is slow and lazy. Can't win the ball in the air, can't win the ball on the ground. He can't turn, he can't outplay defenders.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is that, given enough space, he can bundle a ball over the line. I can only assume that he holds a presence in the dressing room that boosts the rest of the team and means CH keeps playing him.

My grandmother would be a good replacement and she's been dead for 10 years!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure Hughton sees the signing of Ulloa as an opportunity to rest Murray so that we can make the most of what he still has left in the tank.

It's a big ask for a 34 year-old to play lone striker for a whole season, and it makes sense for Glenn's main role from here on in to be 25 min supersub. It also takes the pressure off him at a time when he has one or two other things to be thinking about.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Glenn has been caught offside all season, I love the man but he looks like this is the final run in for him. He still has plenty to offer us this season and he got us over the line to promotion. I'm certain we won't struggle to find a taker for him next season, but if we want to keep moving forward, it's thanks and good night to Mr Murray.

Ulloa is a definite improvement. Ulloa - Murray - Hemed, in that order.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
An important part of the squad, by all ACCOUNTS.

I hope he continues to EXCEL.

etc etc

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We are the 2nd lowest scorers in the league.

Glenn hopefully will become squad player , not first choice

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
He is slow and lazy. Can't win the ball in the air, can't win the ball on the ground. He can't turn, he can't outplay defenders.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is that, given enough space, he can bundle a ball over the line. I can only assume that he holds a presence in the dressing room that boosts the rest of the team and means CH keeps playing him.

He's our leading scorer despite being sub/subbed quite often. And, last time I checked, had scored more goals than the leading scorers of at least six other Prem clubs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that CH sees Leo as an upgrade on Hemed and that he and GM will share the 90 mins of every game. 1 starting and the other coming on at 65 mins. I am also sure that GM and HMRC has no affect on team planning.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Absolute nonsense.

Murrays game has never been about pace, but that doesn't make him "slow and lazy". He has a good touch, can hold the ball up, uses the ball intelligently and has an innate strikers instinct in the box to be in the right place at the right time. He may not score worldies, but he has always had that composure and guile in front of goal - its why he has been a Premier League striker for most of the last 6-7 years. I've always considered him to be a poor mans Teddy Sheringham, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way.

Ulloa will give us more strength and power going forward, and at 31 he has a lot less miles on the clock. But Murray still has PLENTY to offer this team, and will still (I hope) play a big part in keeping us up this year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here