Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How does Chris fit Ulloa & Locadia into his starting line-up ?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
So with the additions of Ulloa & Locadia to the squad, once they’re both fully fit it’s got me thinking how Chris could fit them both into the starting line-up ? do you think he’ll stick with with his usual formation and play them both instead of Gross & Murray, just play one of them up top at any one time with Gross staying in his normal position or could he go with the 3-4-2-1 formation he played against Chelsea with the wing backs and Gross & Locadia playing just behind either side of Ulloa.

I would love to see him persist with the 3-4-2-1 formation to keep Gross in the line-up.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
4-3-3

Ryan

Schelotto / Bruno
Dunk
Duffy / Goldson
Suttner / Bong

Gross
Stephens / Kayal
Propper

Jose
Leo
Locadia

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
4-3-3

Ryan

Schelotto / Bruno
Dunk
Duffy / Goldson
Suttner / Bong

Gross/March
Stephens / Kayal
Propper

Jose/Knockaert
Leo/Muzza
Locadia

A minor tweak/expansion.

I'd still like to see one more signing -, a creative midfielder

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
4-3-3

Ryan

Schelotto / Bruno
Dunk
Duffy / Goldson
Suttner / Bong

Gross
Stephens / Kayal
Propper

Jose
Leo
Locadia

I’d be very happy with that line-up with Schelotto and Suttner as the first choice full backs as they’ve got the legs and ability to get down the flanks and deliver a good ball into the box for Leo to get on the end of, while Jose and Locadia provide the pace and legs to get in behind the opposition defence.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In my mind I think CH tends to go for it more It the second half of the season, can see a different more adventurous formation.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Locadia can play left wing as well, so either the 4-4-2 from last season with him alongside Leo as a striker, or this season's 4-4-1-1 system with Izquierdo on the right and Locadia on the left.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
He drags them out of the changing room, onto the pitch by the scruff of their necks at the speed of Sean Dyche going over to applaud his own fans so there feet are cutting divots in the pitch all the way over to the six yard box where he faces them towards the onion bag and shouts in their faces like Ant Middleton on SAS who dares wins, SCORE FVCKING GOALS WE WANNA STAY IN THIS POXY LEAGUE.

and breathe...... that’s how he fits them into the team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
>......................Ryan
Bruno.......Dunk.....Duffy.....Suttner
..........Pröpper..Groß..Stephens
Locadia.........Ulloa......Izquierdo

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think I’d go a 433
Ryan
Schelotto
Dunk
Duffy
Suttner

Stephens sitting in front of back 4 and allow the 2 wide guys to get up the pitch more
Grob
Propper

Jose
Ulloa
Locadia

Still good options then off the bench
Kayal and hopefully the Spanish player can step in for any of the CM 3
March and knockaert for either wide player
Goldson for CB
Bruno for either FB role
Murray for Ulloa

Still leaves Baldock, hemed, Uwe, bong, as others who could push for a slot. We been ok with injuries so far be nice to keep it that way but if not nice to some depth to the squad

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In my mind I think CH tends to go for it more It the second half of the season, can see a different more adventurous formation.

I actually don't - I think he tends to target particular teams and particular matches to pick up his points where he knows his squad are as good as the opposition. Burnley was an example of this. Despite them doing really well in the League so far this season, he really tried to batter them early on because he knew his squad were as good as theirs

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
4-1-2-3

Ryan - Schelotto, Suttner, Dunk, Goldson - Stephens - Gross, Propper - Izquierdo, Ulloa, Locadia.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's amazing that none of the suggested line-ups in this thread so far mention either Knocky or March. A sign of how far we've come that we can brush off two of what have been regarded as our star players a very short while ago so easily?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's amazing that none of the suggested line-ups in this thread so far mention either Knocky or March. A sign of how far we've come that we can brush off two of what have been regarded as our star players a very short while ago so easily?

Especially when March was arguably our best player against Chelsea.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Is a very good point.

For me the back four picks itself: Schelotto, Dunk, Duffy and Suttner. Stephens just in front. Gross and Propper pushing forward from midfield to support: Locadia (left), Ulloa (Central target man) and March on the right. I'd love to see what Schelotto and March could conjure up together, though concede this could leave us a little exposed if not careful.
This would leave Izquierdo and Knockers as impact subs to run at tired legs.
Easy on paper isn't it?! Thank God it's not my call to make! (If nothing else I'm sure we can agree on that!) :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here