Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup TV Games 5th round

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well we have to be one of them don't we?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Been discussed on the other couple of threads.

Last year's fifth round had 5 games (of the 8) on TV - Saturday (lunchtime and early evening), Sunday (lunchtime and afternoon) and Monday evening. Four of the five were "big clubs" and the other was Burnley v Lincoln which is not massively dissimilar to Albion v Coventry.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
I'll go for:

Fri 20:00 - Birmingham/Huddersfield v Man Utd - BBC

Sat 12:30 - Rochdale/Millwall v Tottenham/Newport - BT
Sat 17:30 - Chelsea v Hull - BT

Sun 13:30 - West Brom v Southampton - BT
Sun 16:00 - Wigan v Man City - BBC

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If on TV that would scupper plans of a sellout.

Bar a Newport miracle at Wembley Coventry will be the lowest side left in the competition. Its on TV, low 20's crowd I reckon

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Bar a Newport miracle at Wembley Coventry will be the lowest side left in the competition. Its on TV, low 20's crowd I reckon

Agree Coventry will be lowest rank team and TV will love all that along with Coventry being on the up again

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Would imagine the BBC will pick Wigan-Man City as their main game, so that will be in the prime time slot either on Friday night or Saturday teatime.

Millwall/Rochdale-Tottenham and Huddersfield-Man United will be the next 2 picks and at a push I would I'd imagine Chelsea-Hull and Brighton-Coventry for the last 2 matches. Possibly Leicester-Sheffield United is another option there.

Would be surprised if West Brom-Southampton or Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea/Notts County got selected.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As Cov will be the lowest ranking team left then I think it may be on TV. When do they announce these?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Been discussed on the other couple of threads.

Last year's fifth round had 5 games (of the 8) on TV - Saturday (lunchtime and early evening), Sunday (lunchtime and afternoon) and Monday evening. Four of the five were "big clubs" and the other was Burnley v Lincoln which is not massively dissimilar to Albion v Coventry.

I think Chelsea and Man United will occupy the Saturday slots as they are playing the following Tuesday and Wednesday in the Champions League.
Lets hope it is on Sunday as the lack of trains will spoil a Monday evening game. Late Sunday may be the best we can hope for!?

Wigan v Man City for Monday looks OK.

I suppose Leicester v Sheff United may beat us to a TV game? Anything but an evening KO. Sunday would suit me better than Saturday as I can then watch the other games on TV. (Chelsea v Hull does not seem worth it.)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tough call innit. There's no real STAND OUT ties, other than the narrative that gives the Wigan v Man City repeat of the 2013 final. Is there any point in showing a Chelsea v Hull procession ? The Newcastle game yesterday was boring enough. Millwall v Spurs would probably be worth a squizz, if that comes to pass. Man Utd will be televised regardless obviously, its the law. WBA v Southampton is an all PL tie, which might get the BBC slightly beyond flaccid but its hardly inspiring. Leicester v Sheff Utd could actually be a decent contest.

As for ours...we bored the tits off everyone against Palace, and absolutely stunk the place out at Boro, that was a DOG of a game. I'm not sure the nation would be avidly tuning in to see our ressies pass around the back and probably squeak past a ropy Cov. But hey. I'm not paid to make these decisions.

I'll mince along to this, but anything but a Monday night please.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
It looks as though they announced the televised games for the last round on 11th Jan, which was the Thursday - 3 days after the draw.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't see why people are discounting Wednesday v Swansea. It would be Massive Championship club at home to a struggling Premier League team Plus it would mark the return to Hillsborough for Carlos Carvalhal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't see why people are discounting Wednesday v Swansea. It would be Massive Championship club at home to a struggling Premier League team Plus it would mark the return to Hillsborough for Carlos Carvalhal.

Probably the most attractive game in terms of likely upset potential.

Wigan vs Man City, all very romantic but unlikely.

Millwall vs Tottenham - see above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here