Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cup Draw 'Live'

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How did the two sets of fans get to be shaking hands seconds after the draw was made?
For instance, both Hudders and Birmingham fans (looked like 5 altogether) were shaking the hand of the Man Utd fan within 1 second of the Utd ball being drawn.
In that 1 second they had to get that fan from the crowd and stand him in a certain spot, but when the camera switched to outside he was stood still.
No way was that draw live.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I wondered that too.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Derrrrrrrr

They spent the last hour, prior to the draw, making every permutation of hand shake. Draw comes out then quick cut to the editing booth where matey had them all labelled and hot to trot.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think it was. As soon as the first ball is drawn out the 'fan' is rushed into place. There's a good three or four seconds for that. The others are lined up and the relevant fans step forward. It's most likely rehearsed.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think it was. As soon as the first ball is drawn out the 'fan' is rushed into place. There's a good three or four seconds for that. The others are lined up and the relevant fans step forward. It's most likely rehearsed.

So watch it again. I cant see how they got 5 fans in place (Hudders & Birmingham) and then had to organise one from Man Utd, Millwall/Rochdale, Newport/Spurs, Albion, Coventry, Wigan or City. That (those) fan(s) could not have been ready in under 2 seconds.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Derrrrrrrr

They spent the last hour, prior to the draw, making every permutation of hand shake. Draw comes out then quick cut to the editing booth where matey had them all labelled and hot to trot.

That's quite possible. It would only take a couple of minutes to run through each one. Alternatively a ten second transmission time delay on the draw itself with the handshakes as drop ins. Your theory is better though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here