Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Darkest Hour

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Anyone seen it as yet? I have booked a couple of tickets for this weekend at Horsham.

Hoping it is better than Dunkirk which I thought was poor due to all of its historical errors.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think there's a thread on this already....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is fabulous. Oldman gave the best performance in many years

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saw it this afternoon, utterly captivating, 2 hours flew by, Gary Oldman deserves an Oscar, fantastic performance.

After watching films for 50 years now I am struggling to think of a better acting performance

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Thanks all, currently reading Max Hastings Finest Years - Churchill as Warlord so will be interesting to compare book to film.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When will it be available on Now TV film channel? What is the usual time scale after general release

Pay a tenner and see it at the cinema

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Pay a tenner and see it at the cinema

Have done so - as stated Mrs Jakarta & I will be seeing it at Horsham this Saturday, all the reviews say Gary Oldman IS Churchill as he was in June 1940, will be interesting to see what the supporting actors make of King George VI, Chamberlain, Halifax etc..

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017
Have done so - as stated Mrs Jakarta & I will be seeing it at Horsham this Saturday, all the reviews say Gary Oldman IS Churchill as he was in June 1940, will be interesting to see what the supporting actors make of King George VI, Chamberlain, Halifax etc..

Brilliant film showing almost correctly how close we were to throwing in the towel.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not the same as it is too dark in the cinema so I always fall asleep well I did the last time I went.That was to see Grease. I dont watch that many at home either as I generally do not like films although I did watch The Hatton Garden Job on Now TV this afternoon.

:moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here