Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex voted best ground for away fans.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Not sure how popular the website Football Ground Guide is but The Amex came out top in a vote to find the best ground for away fans.

http://footballgroundguide.com/news/best-of-the-92-survey-results-best-grounds-for-away-fans.html

Following on from last month when we announced who you considered being the*Best Grounds in the Premier and Football Leagues, then we can now announce the top*five grounds that have been voted as the best for away fans to visit out of the 92*. This was a result of a survey undertaken on this website and through readers*of our good friends at*Football Weekends Magazine. Thanks*to all the fans that took part and after tallying up the many*thousands of votes, here are the results:

"Oh we do like to be beside the seaside, oh we do like to be beside the sea.." goes the popular ditty. The popular seaside destination of Brighton and the Amex Stadium has been voted the Best Ground of the 92 For Away Fans. Since opening in 2011, the stadium, although situated out of town, has been a hit with visiting supporters.*

As well as having great facilities, the concourses themselves are particularly spacious and the queues at the refreshments kiosks never too long, the Club have tried hard to extend a warm welcome to visitors. They were one of the first clubs to put up posters thanking away fans for making the trip. Plus there are nice touches too; the lighting around the concourse can be changed to reflect the visiting teams*colours, match highlights featuring the away side are played on screens on the concourse and at one time the Club would stock a real ale that was brewed in the area that the visiting team are from.

Inside the stadium way fans have nice padded seats, good leg room and general views of the playing action. Plus when you add a loud PA System, with great stadium acoustics and a vocal home support, then you can see why the Amex has come out tops in our poll.

Runners up in our poll and the top destination for away fans to enjoy football in London is Craven Cottage the home of Fulham FC.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Popular pages those. Good accolade.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Vocal home support - bang on!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The trains are a nightmare"
"Its impossible to get to"
"I was stuck there till Thursday"

Etc

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I use that guide a lot, it’s really useful for parking, directions, pubs etc.

That’s a feather in our caps!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Selhurst Park was voted 94th, just behind an overflowing dumpster behind a fried chicken outlet in Streatham, and a field hospital in Aleppo"

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Incredible to win this given Palace fans consider the stadium unfit for purpose.

Hang on - maybe it's them...

I was thinking that too. Seems fsf faircop (who got very arsey when i asked her how many of the other 60 odd visiting teams fans had complained to her about treatment at the amex) may have backed the wrong horse here

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was thinking that too. Seems fsf faircop (who got very arsey when i asked her how many of the other 60 odd visiting teams fans had complained to her about treatment at the amex) may have backed the wrong horse here
FSF Faircop is a Palace stooge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here