Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham's Masuaku banned for six games for spitting

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The FA have confirmed Arthur Masuaku has been given a six-match suspension after he was sent-off for spitting at Nick Powell in West Ham's FA Cup fourth-round defeat at Wigan.

He will miss West Ham's home games with Crystal Palace, Watford and Burnley and the away fixtures at Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool and Swansea City.

Not sure how big a miss this is for West Ham but their injury list right now is horrific, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

They are missing all of Manuel Lanzini, Marko Arnautovic, Jose Fonte, Michail Antonio, Declan Rice, Winston Reid, Edimilson Fernandes, Andy Carroll, Andre Ayew and Diafra Sakho. Additionally Pedro Obiang was stretchered off on Saturday too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good I freakin well hate spitting at the 'best of times'.
Spitting at/on someone is such a lowlife scummy thing to do.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We have to beat them. Any other result is not good enough.

A draw away at southampton and a win at home to West Ham coupled with our new signings and everthing will be looking positive again.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Obiang is reported as having a serious knee injury, so you are right to add him to the list.

Antonio and Reid likely to be back by Saturday, but they are seriously short, up front in particular. They were dismal at Wigan on Saturday by all accounts.

They play CP tomorrow who also have numerous injuries, so looks like being the battle of the walking wounded.

Expect WH to bring in reinforcements this week.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Ryan Bertrand is a severe doubt for Saints this Wednesday. He is a key player for them - a lot goes through the England fullback on the right.

PG

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Obiang is reported as having a serious knee injury, so you are right to add him to the list.

Antonio and Reid likely to be back by Saturday, but they are seriously short, up front in particular. They were dismal at Wigan on Saturday by all accounts.

They play CP tomorrow who also have numerous injuries, so looks like being the battle of the walking wounded.

Expect WH to bring in reinforcements this week.

PG
Antonio on his day is a quality player. I rate him highly but he has appears to be out of form at the moment.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Antonio on his day is a quality player. I rate him highly but he has appears to be out of form at the moment.

Doesn't help that he's been used as a right back, winger, striker and number 10 at varying points throughout the season but yeah he's been off colour

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Disgusting behaviour. The number of West Ham fans responding to his pathetic 'apology' tweet with 'everyone makes mistakes, ur a baller m8' as if he'd missed a header or something said a lot.

Fair play to Moyes for giving him a well-deserved slating in his post-match interview.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Disgusting behaviour. The number of West Ham fans responding to his pathetic 'apology' tweet with 'everyone makes mistakes, ur a baller m8' as if he'd missed a header or something said a lot.

Fair play to Moyes for giving him a well-deserved slating in his post-match interview.

It's the one part of being a fan that really gets on my wick. The sense that you HAVE to defend your player whatever they do. I remember Liverpool fans absolutely standing by Suarez, or Chelsea with Terry. Some things are just wrong and are indefensible.

That said, this isn't worse that Joe Bennett's assault on Sane. How it's ok to try and break a player's leg and get a yellow, when you get a 6 game ban for spitting... Suarez only got two more for racism!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The FA have confirmed Arthur Masuaku has been given a six-match suspension after he was sent-off for spitting at Nick Powell in West Ham's FA Cup fourth-round defeat at Wigan.

He will miss West Ham's home games with Crystal Palace, Watford and Burnley and the away fixtures at Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool and Swansea City.

Not sure how big a miss this is for West Ham but their injury list right now is horrific, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

They are missing all of Manuel Lanzini, Marko Arnautovic, Jose Fonte, Michail Antonio, Declan Rice, Winston Reid, Edimilson Fernandes, Andy Carroll, Andre Ayew and Diafra Sakho. Additionally Pedro Obiang was stretchered off on Saturday too.

Good.

Disgusting El Hadj Diouf like behaviour.

I had hoped for longer, to punish and to send out the clear message.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed, I'm just not feeling confident.

Me neither. I watched the Southampton v Spurs game and thought they played well, although Spurs were a bit off-colour.

We can't afford another West Brom performance in this one.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sakho has left West Ham for Rennes, but they are reported as trying to bring in Schneiderlin from Everton (for £20m), Pelle from China and another striker. I thought Schneiderlin was very ordinary when we played Everton. Pelle has quality but a question as to whether he could hit the ground running by Saturday.

PG

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Well that's a whole other topic!

I'm not overly confident we'll get 4 points from those two games either but I am confident the team will do all they can to get them.

I'm pretty confident we'll get the 'required' two home wins from West Ham & Swansea, and that it's well within our ken to avoid defeat at Southampton & Stoke. Hey presto 8 points.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm pretty confident we'll get the 'required' two home wins from West Ham & Swansea, and that it's well within our ken to avoid defeat at Southampton & Stoke. Hey presto 8 points.

That would be ace.

We're definitely capable of it but we're not currently performing like we are. Seems to me we have a mid winter slump every season under Hughton. We had it over xmas and the new year in 15/16, about this time last year and here we are again.

We just need to get those points on the board, batter whoever we get in the cup and then everything will be fan bloody tastic again. 31 points and a place in the f.a cup quarter finals by the end of the Swansea game will be an excellent four weeks' work.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here