Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Classified Section Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boliviaseagull

May 1, 2011
Sorry if I've missed an update on this but I can't find the tickets classified section on here any more. Has NSC decided to/had to remove it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One NSCer who used the site to sell a ticket he couldn't use was pursued by the club and very possibly had his season ticket cancelled as a result.

Whilst I am strongly against touting, I do believe that fans helping fans has long been part of football culture and should remain so. However I don't want NSC to be responsible for Albion fans losing access to the Albion so I have removed the sub-forum where people could request a ticket.

It's a shame that the club have not followed through with their promise to bring about a proper automated ticket exchange facility because whilst I appreciate that any ticket exchange is not going to come into action until a game sells out, the club do very little (if anything) to promote the current exchange facility when it does become active, presumably because it's largely manual and an administrative overhead to deal with. As a result, we seem to be in the ludicrous position of there being many empty seats at the Amex for "sold out" games, and many people who would fill them unable to do so.

You can put your West Ham ticket into the exchange here >>> https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/resaleWHU1718

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I remain baffled why the club would rather have an empty seat than have a BHAFC supporting body in that seat potentially spending money on food and merchandise. Seems daft to me.

boliviaseagull

May 1, 2011
Cheers for the explanation Bozza. I'm rarely organised enough to think about away games until the last minute, so it has been handy to pick up one in the past. Not surprising with issues concerning away points etc, but a shame all the same.

I used the club ticket exchange to sell back my Chelsea ticket, didn't get an email to confirm it had been sold, and when I chased it up the club said I had a shop voucher in the post, it hasn't arrived yet. It's better than no resale option I guess, but it does seem pretty clunky so far.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One NSCer who used the site to sell a ticket he couldn't use was pursued by the club and very possibly had his season ticket cancelled as a result.

Whilst I am strongly against touting, I do believe that fans helping fans has long been part of football culture and should remain so. However I don't want NSC to be responsible for Albion fans losing access to the Albion so I have removed the sub-forum where people could request a ticket.

It's a shame that the club have not followed through with their promise to bring about a proper automated ticket exchange facility because whilst I appreciate that any ticket exchange is not going to come into action until a game sells out, the club do very little (if anything) to promote the current exchange facility when it does become active, presumably because it's largely manual and an administrative overhead to deal with. As a result, we seem to be in the ludicrous position of there being many empty seats at the Amex for "sold out" games, and many people who would fill them unable to do so.

You can put your West Ham ticket into the exchange here >>> https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/resaleWHU1718

Are you able to put the away ticket forum back up? There is no and never will be any 'Away Ticket Exchange' run by the club - but there are often cases where people buy away tickets they cannot use for whatever reason - it has happened to me - and this away ticket exchange forum proved very useful in ensuring a dedicated Albion fan could go in my stead.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I would like to personally thank all those who helped out over the years when I was lucky enough to go last minute. It's a pity as I would be the person who could have filled one of those empty seats. Oh well, down the pub. Look out for strange threads from me going forward!!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Are you able to put the away ticket forum back up? There is no and never will be any 'Away Ticket Exchange' run by the club - but there are often cases where people buy away tickets they cannot use for whatever reason - it has happened to me - and this away ticket exchange forum proved very useful in ensuring a dedicated Albion fan could go in my stead.

Mr Barber would be all over it like a rash... after the Bournemouth harvesting threats etc...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There is still a chance that the club could attempt to identify someone because the original purchaser would have received loyalty points that they should not have done.

Additionally the facilitation of the re-sale of any football ticket is illegal, so there has long been a risk (small, I grant you) to NSC and/or me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So if anyone were to have a last minute spare ticket for Southampton away, would they be able to PM me (hypothetically of course)?
Yes.

But if they were to put a phone number or an email address on the internet that the club sherlocks have on their database then they would not be so wise.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
There is still a chance that the club could attempt to identify someone because the original purchaser would have received loyalty points that they should not have done.

Additionally the facilitation of the re-sale of any football ticket is illegal, so there has long been a risk (small, I grant you) to NSC and/or me.

But isn't that the risk the individual takes? Has the club had words, I thought they were tolerating it.

Who really cares about loyalty points anyway, seeing the Albion play is far more important to most of us

So is that it? :down:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But isn't that the risk the individual takes? Has the club had words, I thought they were tolerating it.

Who really cares about loyalty points anyway, seeing the Albion play is far more important to most of us

The club tolerated a lot in the past, but seem to have gone all Stazi on us this season.

You used to be able to pay for a paper copy of an individual match ticket from your season ticket. I’d be scared to even ask if this was still possible.

Sadly, those of us who campaigned for the survival of this club will slowly be weeded out as we fall foul of doing what we’ve always done which is now considered a heinous crime.

By the time anyone decides to fight back, we’ll all be long gone.

Whilst I was enjoying the season so far, I now can’t wait until we drop a division or two and the club realise they’ve spent this season machine gunning themselves in the foot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Frankly, I do not trust the club to not come after me for facilitating the resale of football tickets.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Frankly, I do not trust the club to not come after me for facilitating the resale of football tickets.

Alright, well thanks for letting us do it for so long. I had a lot of fun at Swansea when someone who couldn't go let me use his tickets. Equally I've been able to help others. Its been a good part of our community. In both cases these were expats getting to see the Albion for a brief glimpse in the flesh, and once again, its the expats who lose out

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
On a slightly different point I thought I saw something saying PB had said that if a STH couldn't make a match and chose to give the ticket to a friend/relative that was acceptable.

Am I imagining that? If not can anyone point me to a link/post quote?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst I was enjoying the season so far, I now can’t wait until we drop a division or two and the club realise they’ve spent this season machine gunning themselves in the foot.

Really ? You want to see us back in League One ?

Blimey.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Additionally the facilitation of the re-sale of any football ticket is illegal.

Why do Police etc let this happen then? Went to Wembley for the NFL at the end of last year and must have been around 30 or so touts, trying to flog tickets with a large Police presence yards away from them?

If it is illegal and touts started to get arrested, wouldn't this help with the secondary selling market?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Its just going to make touting more likely. At the end of the day, if someone has spent £100 on a couple of tickets to watch us at home, and then can't go, they'll want to find a way to shift them. On here you can find like-minded Brighton fans. On the net in general, it'll be either Arsenal or United fans, or touts picking them up to sell on to Arsenal or United fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here