Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Darts girls face axe

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry but I struggle to take anyone who uses the phrase "the PC brigade" seriously on pretty much any subject.

Or people who mix up 'liberal' with illiberal.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
No, it’s been stopped because the commercial business that lays this on no longer think it adds to the sport.

Pretty much this, but the organisations involved don't want to be seen as committing either way so make out it's being forced on them by feminists/liberals/snowflake/small green aliens. It's their decision, pure and simple, made in alignment with a commercial plan.

They have done very well in absolving themselves of the responsibility in the decision though. They've even managed to move the argument to whether it's exploitation etc. Most of the time the argument has been positioned as "should we have pit girls still?" as opposed to "are you happy having commercial sponsors and commercial revenue influencing changes in F1 boxing or whatever?".

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Pretty much this, but the organisations involved don't want to be seen as committing either way so make out it's being forced on them by feminists/liberals/snowflake/small green aliens. It's their decision, pure and simple, made in alignment with a commercial plan.

They have done very well in absolving themselves of the responsibility in the decision though. They've even managed to move the argument to whether it's exploitation etc. Most of the time the argument has been positioned as "should we have pit girls still?" as opposed to "are you happy having commercial sponsors and commercial revenue influencing changes in F1 boxing or whatever?".
Agree with all of that

Ultimately society has moved on - and what was acceptable in the past is no longer regarded as appropriate today by the vast majority*.

It's great news.

I feel confident that, were we living in 1736 when Parliament passed an Act repealing the laws against witchcraft, there would were vocal traditionalists appalled at the decision.

*(and despite what comments in this thread would have you believe)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Whoever managed to convince the world (well, the OP at least) that the snowflakes are the people who show respect, not the ones who go "boo hoo, why can't I objectify women at a sporting event?" is something of a genius.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Whoever managed to convince the world (well, the OP at least) that the snowflakes are the people who show respect, not the ones who go "boo hoo, why can't I objectify women at a sporting event?" is something of a genius.

What makes you think that men who enjoy looking at attractive women are disrespectful of them .

Last edited:

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
While some slightly Neanderthal types and upper class oafs on here will try to paint a picture of anyone who has no interest in ogling women at sporting events or touching them up at parties as snowflakes who need to get a grip, the men in my life I have admired the most and regard as "real men", my father, grandfathers, uncles and one or two bosses and teachers never had any desire to leer over women and treated them with nothing but respect. That's going back to the 1920's.. True men. Gentleman. Sporting men. Not the faux building site twonks on here who wouldn't have the first clue about being a true man.
Well said Sir.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sweet mother of god there are some real goons about .......one of the main products of the whole women's liberation movement was the empowerment of women to use their sexuality to make a decent living or get one over on the men .......if a bird has the nouse to use her sexuality to make a living then surely the whole point of women's lib is ruined by refusing her the right to do so ......it's the ones who get no attention who are squealing. next step taliban. you bin warned.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
one of the main products of the whole women's liberation movement was the empowerment of women to use their sexuality to make a decent living or get one over on the men .......if a bird has the nouse to use her sexuality to make a living then surely the whole point of women's lib is ruined by refusing her the right to do so
:lol:

This was the basis of your dissertation exploring the history of Feminism?

Allowing "a bird" with "the nouse to use her sexuality to make a living" to do just that was not one of the key goals of the feminist movement

This list of the Goals of the Feminist Movement (remarkably) does not include your particular aim...

https://www.thoughtco.com/goals-of-the-feminist-movement-3528961

I wonder why?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:lol:

This was the basis of your dissertation exploring the history of Feminism?

Allowing "a bird" with "the nouse to use her sexuality to make a living" to do just that was not one of the key goals of the feminist movement

This list of the Goals of the Feminist Movement (remarkably) does not include your particular aim...

https://www.thoughtco.com/goals-of-the-feminist-movement-3528961

I wonder why?

look pal ....i don't verify my shite before i post it ....i just fire away .....it makes for a more spontaneous and lively discussion dunnit...?? women lib was all about equal rights , better pay , the right to vote , an all round leveller playing field and the right to enter the "public" bars of Britain without being frowned upon , in a lot of places the latter only came about in the early 70's although as far as British culture went it was probably the most significant , i can appreciate a lady no matter her age or appearance if she is able to hold down a decent conversation and doesn't look like she just rolled out of Ann Summers window ......if she does i will probably try an indecent conversation and see what happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here