Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Saturday night drinks thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kicked off with a Firestone Walker Luponic Distortion Revolving Hop Series No 6.

Revolution No. 006 is driven by a mix of seven different hop varieties, and is the first-ever West Coast beer to focus on Michigan-grown hops. “This beer showcases what happens when you take two familiar Northwest hop varieties and grow them 2,000 miles to the east,” says Brewmaster Matt Brynildson. “The typical piney, dank attributes of these hops are transformed into something much brighter, with a racy citrus quality that adds yet another new layer to the lore of Luponic Distortion.”

Now enjoying a Mike Hess Brewing Habitus Rye DIPA (8%) in an interesting can which you can easily drink from as the whole top comes off.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Had the grand daughter over most of the day, so drinking has been confined to tea, coffee and lately entry level lager.....of which is going down a treat as I can now freely swear without the confines of a young persons ears

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tonight is a designated event night (we have people over) so I’m on it for my third night of alcoholic consumption of 2018.

Pub watching the game: Stowford Press (3 - I paced myself)

Home: Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc of some description and now a Shiraz.

Only writing this down ha illustrated to me that I’ve probably mixed it up a bit too much for my own good.

Anyway, **** you Middlesbrough.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sadly boring with Stella, but I am rather envious regarding the Brewdog bevvies, I did them last night.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Tonight is a designated event night (we have people over) so I’m on it for my third night of alcoholic consumption of 2018.

Pub watching the game: Stowford Press (3 - I paced myself)

Home: Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc of some description and now a Shiraz.

Only writing this down ha illustrated to me that I’ve probably mixed it up a bit too much for my own good.

Anyway, **** you Middlesbrough.

Is that what they call mixing grape and the grain?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A few in a Micro Pub in the north, pre-match and very agreeable now into bottle of red as home

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Played all The Fall albums I have and finished an open bottle of Bordeaux Rose, then drank most of an Australian Sauvignon Blanc ..... fell asleep

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know I had about 8 or 9 pints from the following winter beer fest list from my local the Selden in Worthing.
I am though unable to remember which ones they were apart from the Velocirapture.
One of the beers had fresh oysters in its ingredients...... They failed as an aphrodisiac last night as I never made it to the bedroom.

Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
A marriage of 8 different malts set the foundation for additions of cinnamon, orange zest and mincemeat, together with Bramling Cross hops to create a smooth, complex and deceptively powerful imperial stout. Aged for 3 months. Festival special. UNFINED.
9.2%
Bar

Veloci-
Rapture
Staggeringly Good Portsmouth
Hampshire
American-style IPA with four different hops, strong fruit character and bitterness. A well-rounded, rich, yet refreshing ale. UNFINED.
6.5%
Stillage

Hey You, Get
Off Of My Cloud
Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
A super cloudy IPA with Azacca, Amarillo, Mosaic, Centennial continuously hopped with Simcoe. Festival special. UNFINED.
6.5%
Bar

India Porter
360 Degrees Brewing
Sheffield Park
East Sussex
Brewed with a strong malt profile with an oat base heavy on the hops. A porter that is strong on body, big on aroma and large on taste.
5.8%
Stillage

Bishop Slayer
Hampshire
Rich, intense stout made with fresh oysters that impart a deep, layered minerality and smooth mouthfeel to a blend of 5 speciality malts. UNFINED.
5.6%
Stillage

Marmalade Cat
Fat Cat Brewery Norwich
Norfolk
Flavoursome copper ale combines English pale malt with speciality Munich malt for complexity and a smooth finish.
5.5%
Stillage

Utter, Utter Nutter!!
Kissingate Brewery
Lower Beeding
West Sussex
A nutty coming together of hazelnut praline confection and rich dark malt. Soft and gathering berry fruit finish. Festival special.
5.4%
Bar

Walking Beer
Vibrant Forest Lymington
Hampshire
A modern take on an ESB. A sweet malty backbone is complemented by the addition of Vic’s Secret hop. UNFINED.
5.2 %
Stillage

Abyss
Neptune Brewery Liverpool
Merseyside
Oatmeal stout with Challenger and Willamette hops.
5%
Stillage

Mosaic
Downlands Brewery Small Dole
West Sussex
A festival of tropical and citrussy notes from Ian's favourite hop that's also suitable for vegans to drink. UNFINED
4.8%
Stillage

Meraki
Salopian Brewery
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
Stout with a subtle backdrop of whisky and vanilla pods, with creamy chocolate taking over and a nougat finale.
4.8%
Stillage

Dirty Harry
Gun Brewery
Gun Hill, Heathfield
East Sussex
DDH pale ale with Simcoe, Centennial and Citra hops. Rolled oats and wheat give a luxurious mouth feel. Festival special. UNFINED.
4.8%
Bar

Moonlighting
Langham Brewery
Lodsworth
West Sussex
A traditional dark ruby ale. Mildly hopped with Fuggles and East Kent Goldings. Rounded and well balanced. Festival Special. UNFINED.
4.7%
Bar

Vintage Black Jack
Flack Manor
Romsey
Hampshire
Smooth, dark, ruby coloured beer. Initial sweetness followed by a good lingering hop finish and hazelnut after notes. Aged for one year.
4.6%
Stillage

High 5
Hand Brew Co
Brighton
East Sussex
Modern dry hopped pale brewed with lots of oats for body. Single hopped with Mandarina Bavaria. Huge late additions & dry hopping.
4.6%
Stillage

Beer
Brewery
Tasting Notes
ABV
Ilex
Vibrant Forest
Lymington
Hampshire
Chinook and Lemon Drop hops combine to hammer out hugely refreshing orange and grapefruit flavours. UNFINED.
4.5%
Stillage

Single Double Hop
Reunion Ales
Feltham
Middlesex
Blend of US and UK Cascade hops gives tropical fruit and citrus flavours. Well-balanced and clean with a dry finish.
4.5%
Stillage

Yellow Songbird, Six Letters
Greyhound Brewery West Chiltington West Sussex
A dark amber ale with toast and biscuit malt flavours, floral hoppy notes and a well-mannered bitter finish. Festival special.
4.4%
Bar

Chub IPA
Brolly Brewing Wisborough Green West Sussex
West Coast-style IPA hopped with Mosaic and Nugget giving it clean, fresh, floral and tropical fruit flavours. UNFINED.
4.3%
Stillage

Sea Monkeys
Neptune Brewery
Liverpool
Merseyside
Ekuanot single hopped pale ale with tropical, herb and fruit notes.
4.2%
Stillage

Founders Best
Hurst Brewery
Hurstpierpoint
West Sussex
Rich, dark amber hue, with a rounded malty palate. It is suffused with subtle caramel and orange flavours.
4.2%
Stillage

Hickey The Rake
Wylam Brewery Newcastle
Tyne & Wear
An Ultra Pale Limonata with high levels of citrus zing. A nuclear sherbet dib-dab of lemon, lime and tropical pineapple. UNFINED.
4.2%
Stillage

Littlemoor Citra
Ashover Brewery
Kershaw
Derbyshire
Brewed using the ever popular Citra hop. Clean pale crisp and refreshing.
4.1%
Stillage

Miniature Hero
Siren
Finchampton Wokingham
Berkshire
Chocolate milk stout smooth easy drinking with some roast coffee notes.
4%
Stillage

Fugglestone
Hop Back Brewery Salisbury
Wiltshire
Copper brew with a full, slightly sweet malty palate, underpinned by a fresh spicy, citrus hoppiness.
4%
Stillage

Acoustic Session
Pale Ale
Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
Refreshing notes of citrus fruit from fresh Simcoe and Citra hops, crisp bitter finish. Festival special. UNFINED.
4%
Stillage

Great Tom
One Mild End Whitechapel
London
A mild with a modern twist. Brewed with coffee, cocoa nibs and vanilla, dry hopped with Mosaic for a beautiful blueberry hit.
3.8%
Stillage

Doves and Ravens
Wiper And True
Bristol
Sweet malt base with orchard fruit flavours from the hops and a gentle rye finish, brewed specifically for cask. UNFINED.
3.8%
Stillage

Table Beer
Dark Star
Partridge Green
West Sussex
A pale, dry low ABV table beer dry hopped with Cascade, Citra and Chinook. UNFINED.
3.1%
Stillage
?
Mystery Beer
A N Other Brewery
Inland

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I know I had about 8 or 9 pints from the following winter beer fest list from my local the Selden in Worthing.
I am though unable to remember which ones they were apart from the Velocirapture.
One of the beers had fresh oysters in its ingredients...... They failed as an aphrodisiac last night as I never made it to the bedroom.

Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
A marriage of 8 different malts set the foundation for additions of cinnamon, orange zest and mincemeat, together with Bramling Cross hops to create a smooth, complex and deceptively powerful imperial stout. Aged for 3 months. Festival special. UNFINED.
9.2%
Bar

Veloci-
Rapture
Hampshire
American-style IPA with four different hops, strong fruit character and bitterness. A well-rounded, rich, yet refreshing ale. UNFINED.
6.5%
Stillage

Hey You, Get
Off Of My Cloud
Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
A super cloudy IPA with Azacca, Amarillo, Mosaic, Centennial continuously hopped with Simcoe. Festival special. UNFINED.
6.5%
Bar

India Porter
360 Degrees Brewing
Sheffield Park
East Sussex
Brewed with a strong malt profile with an oat base heavy on the hops. A porter that is strong on body, big on aroma and large on taste.
5.8%
Stillage

Bishop Slayer
Hampshire
Rich, intense stout made with fresh oysters that impart a deep, layered minerality and smooth mouthfeel to a blend of 5 speciality malts. UNFINED.
5.6%
Stillage

Marmalade Cat
Fat Cat Brewery Norwich
Norfolk
Flavoursome copper ale combines English pale malt with speciality Munich malt for complexity and a smooth finish.
5.5%
Stillage

Utter, Utter Nutter!!
Kissingate Brewery
Lower Beeding
West Sussex
A nutty coming together of hazelnut praline confection and rich dark malt. Soft and gathering berry fruit finish. Festival special.
5.4%
Bar

Walking Beer
Vibrant Forest Lymington
Hampshire
A modern take on an ESB. A sweet malty backbone is complemented by the addition of Vic’s Secret hop. UNFINED.
5.2 %
Stillage

Abyss
Merseyside
5%
Stillage

Mosaic
West Sussex
A festival of tropical and citrussy notes from Ian's favourite hop that's also suitable for vegans to drink. UNFINED
4.8%
Stillage

Meraki
Salopian Brewery
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
Stout with a subtle backdrop of whisky and vanilla pods, with creamy chocolate taking over and a nougat finale.
4.8%
Stillage

Dirty Harry
Gun Brewery
Gun Hill, Heathfield
East Sussex
DDH pale ale with Simcoe, Centennial and Citra hops. Rolled oats and wheat give a luxurious mouth feel. Festival special. UNFINED.
4.8%
Bar

Moonlighting
Langham Brewery
Lodsworth
West Sussex
A traditional dark ruby ale. Mildly hopped with Fuggles and East Kent Goldings. Rounded and well balanced. Festival Special. UNFINED.
4.7%
Bar

Vintage Black Jack
Flack Manor
Romsey
Hampshire
Smooth, dark, ruby coloured beer. Initial sweetness followed by a good lingering hop finish and hazelnut after notes. Aged for one year.
4.6%
Stillage

High 5
Hand Brew Co
Brighton
East Sussex
Modern dry hopped pale brewed with lots of oats for body. Single hopped with Mandarina Bavaria. Huge late additions & dry hopping.
4.6%
Stillage

Beer
Brewery
Tasting Notes
ABV
Ilex
Vibrant Forest
Lymington
Hampshire
Chinook and Lemon Drop hops combine to hammer out hugely refreshing orange and grapefruit flavours. UNFINED.
4.5%
Stillage

Single Double Hop
Reunion Ales
Feltham
Middlesex
Blend of US and UK Cascade hops gives tropical fruit and citrus flavours. Well-balanced and clean with a dry finish.
4.5%
Stillage

A dark amber ale with toast and biscuit malt flavours, floral hoppy notes and a well-mannered bitter finish. Festival special.
4.4%
Bar

Chub IPA
West Coast-style IPA hopped with Mosaic and Nugget giving it clean, fresh, floral and tropical fruit flavours. UNFINED.
4.3%
Stillage

Sea Monkeys
Neptune Brewery
Liverpool
Merseyside
4.2%
Stillage

Founders Best
Hurst Brewery
Hurstpierpoint
West Sussex
Rich, dark amber hue, with a rounded malty palate. It is suffused with subtle caramel and orange flavours.
4.2%
Stillage

Hickey The Rake
Wylam Brewery Newcastle
Tyne & Wear
An Ultra Pale Limonata with high levels of citrus zing. A nuclear sherbet dib-dab of lemon, lime and tropical pineapple. UNFINED.
4.2%
Stillage

Littlemoor Citra
Ashover Brewery
Kershaw
Derbyshire
4.1%
Stillage

Miniature Hero
Siren
Finchampton Wokingham
Berkshire
4%
Stillage

Fugglestone
Wiltshire
Copper brew with a full, slightly sweet malty palate, underpinned by a fresh spicy, citrus hoppiness.
4%
Stillage

Acoustic Session
Pale Ale
Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
Refreshing notes of citrus fruit from fresh Simcoe and Citra hops, crisp bitter finish. Festival special. UNFINED.
4%
Stillage

Great Tom
One Mild End Whitechapel
London
A mild with a modern twist. Brewed with coffee, cocoa nibs and vanilla, dry hopped with Mosaic for a beautiful blueberry hit.
3.8%
Stillage

Doves and Ravens
Wiper And True
Bristol
Sweet malt base with orchard fruit flavours from the hops and a gentle rye finish, brewed specifically for cask. UNFINED.
3.8%
Stillage

Table Beer
Dark Star
Partridge Green
West Sussex
A pale, dry low ABV table beer dry hopped with Cascade, Citra and Chinook. UNFINED.
3.1%
Stillage
?
Mystery Beer
A N Other Brewery
Inland

Any Fosters?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
9.2%
Bar

Veloci-
Rapture
Hampshire
6.5%
Stillage

Hey You, Get
Off Of My Cloud
Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
6.5%
Bar

India Porter
360 Degrees Brewing
Sheffield Park
East Sussex
5.8%
Stillage

Bishop Slayer
Hampshire
5.6%
Stillage

Marmalade Cat
Fat Cat Brewery Norwich
Norfolk
5.5%
Stillage

Utter, Utter Nutter!!
Kissingate Brewery
Lower Beeding
West Sussex
5.4%
Bar

Walking Beer
Vibrant Forest Lymington
Hampshire
5.2 %
Stillage

Abyss
Merseyside
5%
Stillage

Mosaic
West Sussex
4.8%
Stillage

Meraki
Salopian Brewery
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
4.8%
Stillage

Dirty Harry
Gun Brewery
Gun Hill, Heathfield
East Sussex
4.8%
Bar

Moonlighting
Langham Brewery
Lodsworth
West Sussex
4.7%
Bar

Vintage Black Jack
Flack Manor
Romsey
Hampshire
4.6%
Stillage

High 5
Hand Brew Co
Brighton
East Sussex
4.6%
Stillage

Beer
Brewery
Tasting Notes
ABV
Ilex
Vibrant Forest
Lymington
Hampshire
4.5%
Stillage

Single Double Hop
Reunion Ales
Feltham
Middlesex
4.5%
Stillage

4.4%
Bar

Chub IPA
4.3%
Stillage

Sea Monkeys
Neptune Brewery
Liverpool
Merseyside
4.2%
Stillage

Founders Best
Hurst Brewery
Hurstpierpoint
West Sussex
4.2%
Stillage

Hickey The Rake
Wylam Brewery Newcastle
Tyne & Wear
4.2%
Stillage

Littlemoor Citra
Ashover Brewery
Kershaw
Derbyshire
4.1%
Stillage

Miniature Hero
Siren
Finchampton Wokingham
Berkshire
4%
Stillage

Fugglestone
Wiltshire
4%
Stillage

Acoustic Session
Pale Ale
Brew Studio
Worthing
West Sussex
4%
Stillage

Great Tom
One Mild End Whitechapel
London
3.8%
Stillage

Doves and Ravens
Wiper And True
Bristol
3.8%
Stillage

Table Beer
Dark Star
Partridge Green
West Sussex
3.1%
Stillage
?
Mystery Beer
A N Other Brewery
Inland

There's a rich irony in the fact that the Bishop Slayer was unfiltered despite the addition of Oysters. I had the Dirty Harry from Gun, nice, the Littlemoor Citra, ok, and the VelociRapture which tasted a bit insipid. Would have tried more but work on Saturday as usual precluded my fun.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
There's a rich irony in the fact that the Bishop Slayer was unfiltered despite the addition of Oysters. I had the Dirty Harry from Gun, nice, the Littlemoor Citra, ok, and the VelociRapture which tasted a bit insipid. Would have tried more but work on Saturday as usual precluded my fun.

I'll ask again.....

Any Fosters?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kicked off with a Firestone Walker Luponic Distortion Revolving Hop Series No 6.

Now enjoying a Mike Hess Brewing Habitus Rye DIPA (8%) in an interesting can which you can easily drink from as the whole top comes off.

Was in Hamburg the other day at a bar called 73 and discovered a lovely little pale ale called Hopfenstopfer. Going to make enquiries at Trafalgar Wines to get some in, went down extremely well.

As a side note the bar was great and had a ridiculous beer list including a lovely new brewdog effort that I forget the name of.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Burning Question Of The Day: Are Craft beers little more than alcopops for hipsters?

Young Tom, seeing as you are the biggest hipster on NSC, maybe you could tell us? :bigwave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here