Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stay up, or win the cup and go down?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it meant you would become more attractive to women, would you sacrifice a kidney? ???

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I find it astonishing that anyone would want to win the Cup at the expense of staying up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I find it astonishing that anyone would want to win the Cup at the expense of staying up.

Wasn't it Brian Clough who when asked what he was going all out for, when Forest were in both Cups, European Cup, and with hesitation said 'the league, the league is your ultimate test each season'. I don't care what league we're in, but finishing as high as you can, in the highest league you can has to be the target at the start of every season and the priority over all else.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Wasn't it Brian Clough who when asked what he was going all out for, when Forest were in both Cups, European Cup, and with hesitation said 'the league, the league is your ultimate test each season'. I don't care what league we're in, but finishing as high as you can, in the highest league you can has to be the target at the start of every season and the priority over all else.

The great Bill Shankly as well. Something like "the cups are all very well, playing in Europe all very nice but the League is our Bread and Butter".

Relegation my feckin arse.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thankfully Mr Hughton and Mr Bloom don't give a fvck what people like you think.

Alright Mr Angry. Keep it civil, only pulling your leg!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Think Dunky has indicated that he (and club?) feel league is far more important. A run in the cup is good for the fans but an extended time in the PL under proper management is good for business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here