Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have any of the summer signings made an impact?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Interested to knows people's thoughts on this?

Personally don't think the spine of the team is much better than last season.

Hopefully Locadia does and brings out the best from others.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I would agree on ,Grosb he has added goals and assists for a value price

Suttner and schletto are ok based on the small fee but have not made much of a difference imho

Ryan good shot stopper and passer but I do think his size is one of the reasons we concede a fair few from set pieces

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would agree on ,Grosb he has added goals and assists for a value price

Suttner and schletto are ok based on the small fee but have not made much of a difference imho

Ryan good shot stopper and passer but I do think his size is one of the reasons we concede a fair few from set pieces

Bruno and Rosenoir have struggled against far better wingers. Schelotto and Suttner have fared better when given a chance, so to me they've been fine. Necessarily, top flight players cost far more in wages. There's no way of avoiding that.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If we'd kept the same squad as last season, we'd be bottom by a distance.

Gross is our assist leader and Ryan's been fantastic since game three.
I like the others too. Jose and Propper could be stars in this league.

...so, yes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan
Gross
Propper
Schelotto
Suttner
Izqueirdo

Very good business if you consider only 1 of them was above £10m

I really like Propper, I think he is under appreciated but there is more to come. Gross is superb, his turn to earn space to cross is sublime. Other than missing out on a striker our summer business was excellent.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan
Gross
Propper
Schelotto
Suttner
Izqueirdo

Very good business if you consider only 1 of them was above £10m

I really like Propper, I think he is under appreciated but there is more to come. Gross is superb, his turn to earn space to cross is sublime. Other than missing out on a striker our summer business was excellent.

This

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
We are so new in this PL jobbie but we are getting there. It was never going to be easy but I really believe the core of our team is greater than the sum of the parts of the bottom three teams. Keep your chins up. We'll hold in there and in the next 2/3 seasons we'll start to blossom... watch this space... read top 6 teams to top 7 teams

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
They’ve all made an impact, it’s not who we signed it’s who we did’nt sign in the summer that has affected us. A decent striker.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes.

Surprisingly, although he is not a new signing, Anthony Knockaert has not made the impact this season any of us would have hoped for. Judging all of our new signings against AK, they have all done well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Izquerdo has shown that 15M will buy you excellent competition for knocky and solly at this level.

Which makes Ryan, Propper and Gross complete f***ing bargains. And Suttner and the greyhound are looking like pretty good investments.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here