Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket exchange for WHU

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Any fans on this board putting tickets on the exchange for the West Ham game.
Just wondering if it works for you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you mean does the link on the ticketing site work?

It does for me - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/resaleWHU1718

But there's been a series of people on here over the course of the season for whom it either doesn't work at all, or it doesn't work on certain devices. Kind of sums up the Albion's approach to having a ticket exchange worthy of the name.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Certainly not Premire League ready is it . Disappointing considering how much right the club got , something they really need to sort out and advertise correctly to get rid of the empties .

Pickles

May 5, 2014
It's as if the club don't want people to use it..........

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's as if the club don't want people to use it..........

I get the impression they just find fans an inconvenience.

They don’t make it easy for people with tickets who can’t go to make sure their seat isn’t empty and then ban them when they do!

Are they still banking another £50 for each ticket they’ve already sold without giving the original ticket holder anything worthwhile as a refund for letting them do so?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I get the impression they just find fans an inconvenience.

They don’t make it easy for people with tickets who can’t go to make sure their seat isn’t empty and then ban them when they do!

Are they still banking another £50 for each ticket they’ve already sold without giving the original ticket holder anything worthwhile as a refund for letting them do so?

Who pays £50 for a ticket? Most using the exchange are probably season ticket holders and I'm not sure they pay that much. In addition, the club don't 'bank' "£50" as that price includes VAT so they are effectively down to £41.50.

That said I agree with the sentiment that they don't give anything making it worthwhile giving a refund.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Who pays £50 for a ticket? Most using the exchange are probably season ticket holders and I'm not sure they pay that much.

The people purchasing the tickets put back on sale by the club having been given up by season ticket holders via the ticket “exchange”.

Are you even able to use the exchange for a ticket just bought for a specific match? I thought it was only season ticket holders who could use it to release their ticket for resale.

Top tickets are £55, I believe (though probably not for the WHU match).

In addition, the club don't 'bank' "£50" as that price includes VAT so they are effectively down to £40.

That’s a reasonable point, but the actual numbers aren’t the point.

That said I agree with the sentiment that they don't give anything making it worthwhile giving a refund.

This bit is the main point. There is no incentive to use it in the first place, apart from wanting your seat used and not wanting to be banned for giving it to someone else for at least part of your money back.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It’s now being run (effectively) as a business, it’s no longer a local community club and their behaviour on tickets illustrates that they have lurched too far

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
A friend of mine is trying to get a ticket for WHU and it's obviously sold out online , how do you even access the exchange or do you just click on the normal tickets site and they would be listed there ?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
A friend of mine is trying to get a ticket for WHU and it's obviously sold out online , how do you even access the exchange or do you just click on the normal tickets site and they would be listed there ?

Yes, tell your friend to keep checking the normal ticket site. As and when tickets are put in the exchange they will appear on the ticket site soon after, or should do anyway.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have got two spare tickets for the WHU game.

If anyone is looking for tickets then please PM me.

We might be able to do something where I let you know when I am going to put them on the Official Club Ticket Exchange and then you nip on there and snap them up...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have got two spare tickets for the WHU game.

If anyone is looking for tickets then please PM me.

We might be able to do something where I let you know when I am going to put them on the Official Club Ticket Exchange and then you nip on there and snap them up...

Sniping on the Ticket Exchange! I like your thinking there.

Is it still the case that the voucher the club gives you for putting a ticket on the Exchange can't be used on a matchday? If it is, does anybody know the "thinking" behind that crazy, seemingly totally illogical, rule?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sniping on the Ticket Exchange! I like your thinking there.

Is it still the case that the voucher the club gives you for putting a ticket on the Exchange can't be used on a matchday? If it is, does anybody know the "thinking" behind that crazy, seemingly totally illogical, rule?

It's a myth - the voucher can be used on a matchday - I used one before Chelsea.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Morning all, I've just put 4 tickets for West Ham on the ticket exchange if anyone looking for tickets, East Stand Upper, Block E3E, Row N. Cheers.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
As a brighton fan if a cant go I would always want another Brighton fan to have my seat anything I get for it is a bonus I hate seeing empty seats but I understand that many season ticket holders can't always make games for various reasons.
Many fans upgrade tickets to bring a friend when the children can't come.
I also think the system should try and help our fans that don't live in Sussex or Burwash in Kent, as the changes due to sky games can cause them bigger problems getting to Sussex and we don't want to lose these fans as they are building our fan base.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Getting the voucher would be good - put mine on Ticket Exchange re Chelsea game

Know seat sold as I rang last Friday and asked - when said when will I be posted voucher - reply was "maybe / probably next week"

Still waiting for it now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here