[Football] World Cup - Russia

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

You worried at all? I did Portugal 2004 and it was a nice holiday, did a lot of stuff, not too much trouble

I'd be slightly apprehensive about this one TBH. I would probably go if money allowed but after Marseilles I would be waiting for some uncondiitonal aggro

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You worried at all? I did Portugal 2004 and it was a nice holiday, did a lot of stuff, not too much trouble

I'd be slightly apprehensive about this one TBH. I would probably go if money allowed but after Marseilles I would be waiting for some uncondiitonal aggro

Nope. Did South Africa, France etc... not concerned

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No but I know a few people who are. They are staying in Sopot (Poland) which is a ''seaside'' town and then travelling to Kaliningrad for the Belgium game spending as little time as possible in Russia. I was tempted as not a bad way to do things and you get to see the one game worth seeing.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You get fed so much bullshit before these tournaments mainly by the media and it surprises me how many of you folk who go to football actually buy it.

South Africa we were told not to go out after dark or stop at red traffic lights at night. Absolute bullshit. Ukraine and Poland there were going to be gangs of locals looking to kill us. Bullshit. Brazil don't go to the Flavelas at night because you'll get robbed at gun point. Rubbish!

The worst trouble there has been at modern day tournaments has been Italy, France X 2, Germany and Belgium. Yet everyone gets excited about going to those tournaments and then moan when there is bother. It needs to happen from time to time though to put off some of the face painted clowns that have ruined home games.

I think Russia will be fine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Best viewed from the sofa at home.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Go to Le Mans again so looking forward to watching some of the games in France. The France v Australia match starts at midday on the day of the race so I’m hoping to be sitting in the French sun watching it on a big screen with a beer or 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No but I know a few people who are. They are staying in Sopot (Poland) which is a ''seaside'' town and then travelling to Kaliningrad for the Belgium game spending as little time as possible in Russia. I was tempted as not a bad way to do things and you get to see the one game worth seeing.

That Belgium game will be a dead rubber though. It'll just be a shootout for top spot.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
18/6/18 Volgograd Stadium vs Tunisia 19:00 (beginning point of the Arab spring)
24/6/18 Nizhny Novgorod Stadium vs Panama 13:00 (team that got US manager to resign)
28/6/18 Kaliningrad Stadium vs Belgium 19:00 (the match to watch and hopefully not be disappointed)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Nope I’m bottling this one.

1) hooligans
2) done Moscow once and it wasn’t shite other than the Kremlin
3) the food is abysmal
4) transport is rubbish
5) it’s a long way to travel between each location

Paying the bills