Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Issues with recent Skype Upgrade

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Used skype for years without any problem. But have had loads of issues with the recent upgrade running on Win10 Pro. Keeps going offline, online status issues with others online.

In the end gave up and rolled back to an older version. Anyone else having similar problems?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Used skype for years without any problem. But have had loads of issues with the recent upgrade running on Win10 Pro. Keeps going offline, online status issues with others online.

In the end gave up and rolled back to an older version. Anyone else having similar problems?

Yes. I went on to the new version and had a few problems. No dialling tone, couldn't tell if contacts were on line or not. No little reminder in bottom right of screen if they were. The dialling tone has returned, but I would have preferred to have stuck with the old version but I'm sticking with the new one as I'm getting used to it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Same here – it's absolute gash! I had an important, long-standing conference call lined up for the other day and had a nightmare. Connected the first time, but then couldn't enter the conference code number, then subsequent numbers just wouldn't connect. In the end, we resorted to using mobile phones and I looked like a twit who couldn't operate a phone. Then yesterday someone was calling me but there was no way of me picking it up! New layout is cocking awful too!

I would LOVE to go back to the old version. Not sure it's possible though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Same here – it's absolute gash! I had an important, long-standing conference call lined up for the other day and had a nightmare. Connected the first time, but then couldn't enter the conference code number, then subsequent numbers just wouldn't connect. In the end, we resorted to using mobile phones and I looked like a twit who couldn't operate a phone. Then yesterday someone was calling me but there was no way of me picking it up! New layout is cocking awful too!

I would LOVE to go back to the old version. Not sure it's possible though.

Reverted to what they call Skype Classic via their website, goes back to the old version and works a treat. A lot of my colleagues have the same issue, its not isolated

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Reverted to what they call Skype Classic via their website, goes back to the old version and works a treat. A lot of my colleagues have the same issue, its not isolated

Thank you SO much! I've just done this and I'm back with the old version again. Bit of a first world problem, but it will hopefully make all the difference to me.

Cheers again [MENTION=15360]nicko31[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here