Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Touching-up v Snowflakes

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It makes one wonder how some of the posters on here have treated women during their lives to deem this behaviour defensible.
There seems to be a real fear by some on here that people are becoming empowered against this behaviour.

As an aside, spoof or not it's an odd account to set up just so you can get away with making jokes about a man who , among other things, visited hospitals for the sole purpose of raping disabled children and cancer victims. Maybe I'm a snowflake but the mods need to shut that account down. They won't though.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It makes one wonder how some of the posters on here have treated women during their lives to deem this behaviour defensible.
There seems to be a real fear by some on here that people are becoming empowered against this behaviour.

As an aside, spoof or not it's an odd account to set up just so you can get away with making jokes about a man who , among other things, visited hospitals for the sole purpose of raping disabled children and cancer victims. Maybe I'm a snowflake but the mods need to shut that account down. They won't though.

I agree with both your points. Who finds that kind of thing funny?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I like the way "snowflake" seems to have become the go-to derogatory term for people who believe in things like basic human decency and "not being a prick 24/7".

Forgetting it only takes a few snowflakes to bring the whole of London to a grinding halt. And if there are enough of us you've got an avalanche on your hands.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would you want your daughter to feel that she has been the victim of a sexual assault because someone placed their hand on her lower back?

I respect women, that's precisely why I don't believe that they need to be infantilized like this.

As I said before, I watched the original interview, which was edited for the more family orientated early evening news. It was groping, hands up skirts etc.

The FT article that had the undercover reporters at the scene talks about much more than touching the lower back.

https://www.ft.com/content/075d679e-0033-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

Exactly.

Perhaps there’s a need for some balanced questions to be asked...
Why did the F T send a Reporter ? .... looking for a story .
Everyone knew what to expect... the event has been going for years.
Experienced “hostesses” had done it several times .
We all know the laddish culture and stupidity that happens when men are all together with booze , it is the same at boardroom level as the factory floor.
Despite, or because of it’s horrible culture, this has raised £20 million for charity over the years , will the kids at Gt Ormond St miss out now?
Don’t mistake me, I deplore such behaviour. It has no place today. But I can spot a Fleet St, set up when I see one.

Good. Well done Fleet Street. Thankfully now it has finished it.

@GT49 The women knew what they were getting into, is just an excuse for lecherous behaviour.

Many snowflakes binding together make an avalanche & change the landscape.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I got the impression she took the job for the night as a way of "undercover reporting", i.e. she was after the story.

I'd like to hear from those women who actually took that work honestly, knowing what they were doing, not the journalists who crashed it so they could get offended.

I hope everyone is just as outraged for these guys and wants to see these women publicly shamed and lose their jobs too, and if not, why not?

cb0021770d78b82bb81666792922402e--hen-nights-working-hard.jpg

14375351_10154017175603412_1722801116_o.jpg

IMG_7981-1024x769.jpg

Thought I'd take just another opportunity to post these fine arses on this thread :thumbsup:

As for the people who are defending the groping at the President's Club, what a bunch of tits

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh the outrage. Why don't you write a strong letter to the Guardian?

It may help with your recovery.

I'm not outraged. I joined the Navy so met more misogyny than most, so not easily offended.
I knew what I was getting into, but wasn't expected to just tolerate it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
@GT49 The women knew what they were getting into, is just an excuse for lecherous behaviour.
"And, just for the record, I am not approving of the behaviour of the men at this event." Perhaps you missed that bit when you were reading my posts?
Oh, and if you're going to paraphrase what you think I said, kindly include the words 'some of' before 'the women knew' - that is then simply a statement of fact, not some kind of excuse, let alone an indication of approval.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm not outraged. I joined the Navy so met more misogyny than most, so not easily offended.
I knew what I was getting into, but wasn't expected to just tolerate it.

i dont blame you sweetcheeks .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You're missing the point. The charities like GOSH don't want donations raised in that way, & other charities have said the same.
It's almost like receiving immoral earnings. Please note, I said almost.

theyre stupid to hand the money back , if my child were ill id accepg money from ISIS if it helped them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
you know full well what the point is

I know you are wrong. Explain where that piece says mosques are for the exclusive use of men? You are simply wrong. If you want to try and explain it differently please do. Interesting that you picked a Muslim and mosques and as example. Very telling. I think it's probably best you keep your islamophobia out of this discussion. It does you nor the thread any favours.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I know you are wrong. Explain where that piece says mosques are for the exclusive use of men? You are simply wrong. If you want to try and explain it differently please do. Interesting that you picked a Muslim and mosques and as example. Very telling. I think it's probably best you keep your islamophobia out of this discussion. It does you nor the thread any favours.

mosques are segregated along gender lines , get over it

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Glad to see you're celebrating the stand of a former MP with your new avatar.

im celebrating the SUICIDE of a former MP you treacherous weasel , whats your next.move now your laughable attempt at.intimidating me via proxy with some big bad antifa clown didnt work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here