Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI - Quarter Final 4 - Grasshopper Mouse v Black Mamba

Who's the hardest?

• Grasshopper Mouse

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 44 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And the quarter finals conclude with this fascinating encounter.

Grasshopper Mouse - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse
3rd in Group B with 19 votes
2nd Round - beat the Grizzly Bear with 44 votes
Total votes to date - 63
Grasshopper Mouse.jpg
The Grasshopper Mouse has had a solid tournament so far, easing through the Group of Death and taking down the Grizzly Bear so far. It will now fancy its chances of going deep into the competition. The belligerent mouse has rapidly become a hero of WHC as, pound for pound, it is capable of mixing it with the apex predators of this world. 'Hard' isn't defined purely in terms of size or bite force. Sometimes achieving true 'hard' requires that little something extra and the Grasshopper Mouse, the smallest competitor left in the tournament, certainly has that. It howls at the moon, fights scorpions, patrols vast territories and, when held captive with other mice, has been found to eat them as a means of achieving the solitude it craves. It's a mouse living in a desert containing toxic foes but has against its primary enemy; the Bark Scorpion. It has also developed the ability to convert the scorpion's neurotoxins into painkillers. The Grasshopper Mouse will repeatedly bite through the scorpion's exoskeleton, eventually paralysing it. The Grasshopper Mouse will also take down spiders, lizards and even snakes. Amazingly, the Grasshopper Mouse's territory can measure up to 28 acres in size (approximately 14 football pitches). Mental. Head mental.

Black Mamba - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_mamba
3rd in Group C with 10 votes
2nd Round - beat the Tardigrade with 40 votes
Total votes to date - 50
Black Mamba.png
The Black Mamba came through a very tough group containing the Honey Badger and the Polar Bear and comfortably beat the Tardigrade but it will possibly be up against it in this match. The Black Mamba is widely feared by the folk that have to share the same habitat. It is among the world's deadliest snakes and is thought to be responsible for thousands of human deaths over the years. It can "run" faster than many people, having a "sprinting" speed of up to 12 miles per hour. Extremely toxic, the Black Mamba shows an aggressive response when threatened and will rear up, lifting almost half of its body from the ground. It strikes repeatedly and delivers a high volume of venom. Just two drops of its venom can be enough to kill a human; shutting down the nervous system and paralysing its victim. Also has possibly the hardest looking photo of any of this year's competitors if that counts for anything.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mate, you’re doing a phenomenal and mostly thankless task, so thank you for running the WHC. All I ask is can you put a few more paragraph breaks in, huge chunks of text are hard to read.

Cheers

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Having seen all Grasshopper Mouse's games last season and my "other team" - Bobbit Worm, knocked out this year in an allegedly fixed match, I'm now Team GM all the way.
COMMMME ONNNN YOOOUUU MOUUUUSE!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Mate, you’re doing a phenomenal and mostly thankless task, so thank you for running the WHC. All I ask is can you put a few more paragraph breaks in, huge chunks of text are hard to read.

Cheers

All constructive criticism gratefully received. I'm still learning all this. The whole weekend fixture faux pas will haunt me for months. Will try and bear that in mind once we get to the semis.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
image.jpeg

David Bellamy coming to you live from a bush as part of our WSC XI coverage.

The Grasshopper Mouse seems to have this under control but with voting low anything could happen in this, the final day of voting. Can the smallest creature left in the competition batter it's way to the final four?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well I would expect the stupid mouse to beat many of the big boys in this tournament, but the Black mamba? Now there is a special animal, pound for pound clearly a ferocious beast. That mouse might see off a few scorpions thanks to a quirk of its neural pathways, but the mamba? Pure poison.

Mamba really should glide to victory here, I'd like to see it go all the way. For a snake never to have won this competition is a real oversight. To lose to a mouse would be unthinkable.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I can't help thinking the mouse is just feisty rather than actually hard.
I'm voting for the snake as that Black Mamba is a right 'orrible ****.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well I would expect the stupid mouse to beat many of the big boys in this tournament, but the Black mamba? Now there is a special animal, pound for pound clearly a ferocious beast. That mouse might see off a few scorpions thanks to a quirk of its neural pathways, but the mamba? Pure poison.

Mamba really should glide to victory here, I'd like to see it go all the way. For a snake never to have won this competition is a real oversight. To lose to a mouse would be unthinkable.

Er... the Black Mamba is a former champion.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why does everyone have it in for the mouse? Yes, it's a mouse, but a bear is just a big cuddly bear as well.

This mouse just takes it on the chin with every prey it encounters and still beats them. That's pound for pound hard.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It wasn't full grown, but I did once kill a Black Mamba - it does has a weak spot.

(I didn't know it was Black Mamba until after it was dead, otherwise I wouldn't have gone near it :facepalm:.)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seriously this Tournement has gone to shit, since the early ejection of the Bobbit Worm.

But the Grasshopper mouse is a true double hard *******. For a Mother ****ing Mouse the thing is fearless, I am sure he would have a good go at biting that snakes ****ing head off. A proper WHC competitor and should take you vote.

#FORTHEBOBBITWORM

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Black Mamba is a fearsome animal. It runs fast and it's bite is deadly.

But then drug dealers are fearsome as well, because they carry guns and knives. They're not hard either, just absolute wankers.

MOUSE.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Seriously this Tournement has gone to shit, since the early ejection of the Bobbit Worm.

But the Grasshopper mouse is a true double hard *******. For a Mother ****ing Mouse the thing is fearless, I am sure he would have a good go at biting that snakes ****ing head off. A proper WHC competitor and should take you vote.

#FORTHEBOBBITWORM

Your key phrase here is 'For a Mouse'. Yes, for a mouse its quite tough, but this isn't the World's Hardest Mouse Competition, now is it?

For the record, it wouldn't get anywhere near biting that snakes head off. Because its a mouse.

The worm would have made mincemeat of the mouse. And what looks more like a worm? The snake. I rest my case.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Your key phrase here is 'For a Mouse'. Yes, for a mouse its quite tough, but this isn't the World's Hardest Mouse Competition, now is it?

For the record, it wouldn't get anywhere near biting that snakes head off. Because its a mouse.

The worm would have made mincemeat of the mouse. And what looks more like a worm? The snake. I rest my case.

But comparing a top boys tear-up between these two - the mouse will take down a snake. THE MOUSE.

And what is a Black Mamba? A snake. I rest my case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here