Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tv games Arsenal and City moved to Sunday

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I remember reading that due to the dominance of Manchester City this season in all competitions, they will have a jam-packed fixture list. It said that the fixture would likely be played on the 17th April due to City's Champions League fixtures. Leaving us with...

Palace (A) 14/4
City (A) 17/4
Tottenham (H) 21/4
Burnley (A) 28/4
Man U (H) 5/5
Liverpool (A) 13/5..... Gulp. :eek:

And if we or Spurs are in the FA Cup semis on 21/4 weekend

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I remember reading that due to the dominance of Manchester City this season in all competitions, they will have a jam-packed fixture list. It said that the fixture would likely be played on the 17th April due to City's Champions League fixtures. Leaving us with...

Palace (A) 14/4
City (A) 17/4
Tottenham (H) 21/4
Burnley (A) 28/4
Man U (H) 5/5

On the back of your hunch, I have booked a hotel on Bookings.Com for night of 17th April. No sweat if its not then as fully refundable.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Palace (A) 14/4
City (A) 17/4
Tottenham (H) 21/4
Burnley (A) 28/4
Man U (H) 5/5

That's ok City will have won the league by then so will play their kids, although they would still have cost more than our squad, stadium, training ground and the combined wealth of our fanbase

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
The official site's press releases are always a bit shambolic. Would be helpful even if they put something along the lines of "the club does not anticipate any further matches to be moved in March, although the Citeh game will be rescheduled if..."

Yep dispatch Cardiff City on Sunday and then their 5th round tie and it's a Spring midweek.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
1.30pm on a Sunday - probably the worst it could have been...

As a fan that goes to matches I've started to really hate these early kick-offs. Messes with the whole day.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just glad I didn't buy rail tickets for City away on the Saturday

Would have been a very obviously foolish thing to do, and still will be to buy for the Sunday. I gambled (much better odds) with Everton train tickets and won.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Well thank you Sky for making me miss running the Eastbourne Half marathon, one of my favourite races. And not the first time this season!

And before anyone suggests it, I'm not quick enough to do both :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Palace (A) 14/4
City (A) 17/4
Tottenham (H) 21/4
Burnley (A) 28/4
Man U (H) 5/5

Bloomin heck, we better win at Selhurst. Can't see us getting much, if anything, out of the final five matches in that schedule! Only Burnley realistically but that will be a hard one, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here