Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] interesting

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I just watched the panorama program. Unsurprising would probably be a more accurate thread title. What the answer is I don’t know as there is hostility to integrate from both sides. Maybe segregation is best?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Saw it ..... conclusion: nothing's changed except more and more muslim's living in parts of the town formerly inhabited by whites.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saw it ..... conclusion: nothing's changed except more and more muslim's living in parts of the town formerly inhabited by whites.

This actually happened to my gran who lived in ravensthorpe outside dewsbury. She lived in a road full of old houses and warden assisted flats. After a few years all the houses were taken over by Pakistani families, and then they ran out of properties and concentrated on the flats my gran was living in. She had her windows put in and banging on the front door etc.

She had enough one day and being a game old Welsh lady, on a Friday marched straight into the mosque down the bottom end of her street and caused a hell of a fuss, saying how it was Islamic to respect elders etc....the imman had her removed, but it stopped for a while....until it started up again and we think it contributed to her being taken into hospital and as they couldn't guarantee her safety, we had to put her in a home.

Thunder bolt will confirm how there are certainly places in the area that in the old days you used to say " you never see a black face". And now it is " you never see a white face"

But it was always going to be that way when these communities have much larger families and they culturally live together as families . It was criminal what happened to my gran, but she was not alone...there was over 30 pensioners in those flats and they all left eventually.

I know some of you will yell racist at me, but this actually happened !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This actually happened to my gran who lived in ravensthorpe outside dewsbury. She lived in a road full of old houses and warden assisted flats. After a few years all the houses were taken over by Pakistani families, and then they ran out of properties and concentrated on the flats my gran was living in. She had her windows put in and banging on the front door etc.

She had enough one day and being a game old Welsh lady, on a Friday marched straight into the mosque down the bottom end of her street and caused a hell of a fuss, saying how it was Islamic to respect elders etc....the imman had her removed, but it stopped for a while....until it started up again and we think it contributed to her being taken into hospital and as they couldn't guarantee her safety, we had to put her in a home.

Thunder bolt will confirm how there are certainly places in the area that in the old days you used to say " you never see a black face". And now it is " you never see a white face"

But it was always going to be that way when these communities have much larger families and they culturally live together as families . It was criminal what happened to my gran, but she was not alone...there was over 30 pensioners in those flats and they all left eventually.

It is like that in Dewsbury, but not in Huddersfield. Each town is different, but there is a lot more integration than you think. The younger generations get on at school, and so are far more likely to integrate, whereas the older generations like to keep themselves to themselves (on both sides).
Where I lived in Huddersfield had more Asian than white families, but I didn't have any problems. We got on very well with our neighbours. It wasn't an affluent part of the town either.

It's not surprising in Blackburn, which appears to be one of the most racist towns I've ever visited, even worse than Burnley.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Nothing racist about what you have said. It happened. What winds me up is how some folk, even on this forum, will love your story for its toxic usability.

There are tensions. A lot of communities won't integrate. In many places have a plural form of monoculturalism and it's foolish pretending otherwise.

D

Deleted member 22389

Programme reminded me of Luton. It's true, for the time I was there I noticed more and more women adopting full covering. The whole thing made me feel uneasy. I suppose you have to live in these sorts of areas to actually appreciate how much things have changed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Programme reminded me of Luton. It's true, for the time I was there I noticed more and more women adopting full covering. The whole thing made me feel uneasy. I suppose you have to live in these sorts of areas to actually appreciate how much things have changed.

Agreed

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
On Panorama Espanyol last night they had an interesting film of THOUSANDS of ENGLISH expats congregated in the Bull and HORN English pub in Benidorm eating a FULL English reading The Sun, why aren't those IMMIGRANTS eating TAPPERS with a nice glass of Sherry in the local BODEGA watching La Liga ???

Shocking racial segregation and it needs calling out by the RIGHT wing LOONY headbangers

Jan 30, 2008
on panorama espanyol last night they had an interesting film of thousands of english expats congregated in the bull and horn english pub in benidorm eating a full english reading the sun, why aren't those immigrants eating tappers with a nice glass of sherry in the local bodega watching la liga ???

Shocking racial segregation and it needs calling out by the right wing loony headbangers
but it's not racial:dunce:
regards
DR

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
On Panorama Espanyol last night they had an interesting film of THOUSANDS of ENGLISH expats congregated in the Bull and HORN English pub in Benidorm eating a FULL English reading The Sun, why aren't those IMMIGRANTS eating TAPPERS with a nice glass of Sherry in the local BODEGA watching La Liga ???

Shocking racial segregation and it needs calling out by the RIGHT wing LOONY headbangers

So predictable :facepalm:

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Good point, well made. However I think whoever and wherever you are you should seek to integrate. English expats in Spain need to do so as much as non English speakers in England (noet the deliberate non mention of faith, colour, origin etc. which is irrelevant). To me integration means simply speaking the language and accepting the country's laws. Drinking in the same pub would be a nice touch but where you go to worship your god (if you have one) is entirely personal.

Also just as many left as right wing headbangers in the world! None are good news

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good point, well made. However I think whoever and wherever you are you should seek to integrate. English expats in Spain need to do so as much as non English speakers in England (noet the deliberate non mention of faith, colour, origin etc. which is irrelevant). To me integration means simply speaking the language and accepting the country's laws. Drinking in the same pub would be a nice touch but where you go to worship your god (if you have one) is entirely personal.

Also just as many left as right wing headbangers in the world! None are good news

Yep, The Canary winds me up just as much as the Daily Express.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here