Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI - Quarter Final 1 - Hippopotamus v Siberian Tiger

Who's the hardest?

• Hippopotamus

Votes: 65 62.5%
  • Siberian Tiger

Votes: 39 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Kate copy.jpg

Hello and good afternoon. Welcome to NSC HD's continuing coverage of WHC XI. You're probably more used to seeing me snuggled up with my badger but what people don't tend to realise is that I'm just at much at home with the crazy creatures battling it out for the 2018 title. We have eight of the best coming up for you over the course of four unforgettable ties. Over the course of the next few days some big players are going to have their hopes dashed but the victors will be one step closer to the crown and a showdown in the AnimalDome. First up, we have an absolute cracker for you...

HIPPOPOTAMUS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus
Group B - 2nd with 22 votes
2nd round - Beat Salt Water Crocodile with 53 votes
Total votes to date - 75
Hippo.jpg
Always a serious contender, the Hippo enhanced its already impeccable credentials with a majestic victory over the Salt Water Crocodile in the last round. Faced with one of the fiercest killing machines in the animal kingdom, the Hippo put on an awesome display, allying brute force with the best bar room brawling instincts of WHC. The Hippo will be quietly confident going into this match. Despite being a herbivore the Hippo has a swagger and can handle itself against all comers. Three tons in weight, capable of sprinting up to 30km/h, a bite force almost unmatched among mammals, all wrapped up in parcel of pure aggression. The Hippo is one of the most feared animals in all Africa and is responsible for the deaths of up to 500 people every year. The Hippo has all the head mental requirements of a true WHC champion. Can it go all the way?

SIBERIAN TIGER - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_tiger
Group A - Tied 2nd with 15 votes
2nd round - Beat Bobbit Worm with 32 votes
Total votes to date - 47
Siberian Tiger.jpg
Beautiful yet brutal. The Siberian Tiger can measure up to 4 metres in length (including tail) and weigh up to 300 kg. It is the largest cat in the world. Occupying a bitter climate, the ST roams hundreds of miles of inhospitable terrain. They mate all year round. All suitably hard but it is the ST's status as an apex predator that makes it such a credible campaigner in the 'hard' stakes. It will hide in tall grasses and stealthily stalk its prey until the point of ambush, when power and agility take over. Research shows that in winter, when many species shed their summer fat, the ST actually kills larger prey more often. STs have been known to imitate the call of bears in order to attract them. Human fatalities have occurred over the years and this has doubtless enhanced the STs fearsome reputation over the years. It comfortably saw off the challenge of the Bobbit Worm in the last round but will have to dig deep if it is to progress to the semi finals.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hippo for me.

I'm not going to vote for a CHEAT. I can't believe the WHCA threw out the protest from the Bobbit Worm after "weekendgate". It's all about money these days.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
With the Bobbit Worm having been unfairly eliminated by the tiger due to the WHCA's incompetence to organize a tournament, I'm now firmly in the hippo camp(us). It's like wanting whoever is playing Man U to beat them.
Come on you hippo!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
With the Bobbit Worm cheated out of glory in this years WHC I can only vote for the HIPPO as I cannot stand cheats.

Tiger should have played the Bobbit Worm on an even playing field.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
RIGHT!
The thing is ST needs to kill thing, such is the life of a carnivore.
However, on the flip side, so to speak, Hippo is a big fat ******** who,from time to time, decides to **** everything up.
Ees complicated.
I'm going team hippo because the males are utter *****.
I don't approve

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
#cat

Siberian Tiger is bloody hard. Not a pack predator. Solitary hunter, going after big prey. It is an apex predator, but not in the mould of some. It can easily get hurt and die.

Vote Tiger.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I love the tiger and other big cats, but they kill out of the need to survive rather than pure hardness. The hippo which could quite happily spend it's time swimming around, eating leaves and bothering no-one chooses to be a mentalist a look for trouble. So my vote goes to the fat lad.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"You're probably more used to seeing me snuggled up with my badger......"

I'm sorry, but that is a blatant piece of subliminal influencing designed to have a deleterious impact on the hardness integrity of the magnificent Honey Badger. As the competition organiser the least we should be able to expect is impartiality and not flagrant, mod like, anti-badger shenanigans.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
..............and as for this round, they're just a couple of flat-track bullies who simply do not qualify in any way for the sobriquet "hard".

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The Hippo is a Herbivore.

I’m out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hippo for me.

I'm not going to vote for a CHEAT. I can't believe the WHCA threw out the protest from the Bobbit Worm after "weekendgate". It's all about money these days.

Careful. You'll get told you're taking this ANIMAL COMPETITION too seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here