Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] UKIP Last out turn off the light.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Two years ago this party forced a vote on leaving the EU.
Yesterday they voted 14 - 1 to get rid of their leader, he is the 1 by the way, but he wont go.
Today 8 more have left the party.
As of Wednesday they may be renamed the
United Kingdom Independent Person.
No doubt that they did change this country, whether for good or bad, but surely the time has come for the party to call it a day, job done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only the Tory's let Farage stay in their gang.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Might be a good day to sign up for them - only to resign in protest a minute later.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Yesterday they voted 14 - 1 to get rid of their leader, he is the 1 by the way, but he wont go.
No doubt that they did change this country, whether for good or bad, but surely the time has come for the party to call it a day, job done.

Incredible that 4 million people voted for them at the election before the last.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

They are like the proverbial family member that nobody wants round their house at Christmas, but secretly needed at times of crisis.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Never fails to make me smile how hard right people NOW support calls for PR when it was only the "wet, yoghurt knitting liberals" calling for it years ago when it was dismissed out of hand.

Everyone is probably hard right when viewed from the far left of the political spectrum. Makes me smile when people have no idea what they are talking about ... UkIP were calling for it years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...for-proportional-representation-a6859711.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32601281

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Everyone is probably hard right when viewed from the far left of the political spectrum. Makes me smile when people have no idea what they are talking about ... UkIP were calling for it years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...for-proportional-representation-a6859711.html
Of course they were - when it affected them. The same as the liberals were when it affected them which was long before UKIP. And as you know nothing of my politics, keep your usual lefty/snowflakes sneers to yourself as you are way off the mark.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Of course they were - when it affected them. The same as the liberals were when it affected them which was long before UKIP. And as you know nothing of my politics, keep your usual lefty/snowflakes sneers to yourself as you are way off the mark.

We agree on something, politicians only complain about unfair electoral systems when it disadvantages them ... coincidentally as do Remoaners. If you think UKIP are' hard right' you must be looking at them from a very distant perspective.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We agree on something, politicians only complain about unfair electoral systems when it disadvantages them ... coincidentally as do Remoaners. If you think UKIP are' hard right' you must be looking at them from a very distant perspective.

Remoaner, eh? 0 for 3. Any more you want to throw my way?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Your feeling a tad sensitive today .. did I say you were a Remoaner?
If that wasn't your intention in the previous post, I'm sure it was coming as that is your MO. Just fun pushing your buttons though as you think anyone who has a different view to you is a raving leftie - think I only need some kind of Corbyn reference for a full house.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If that wasn't your intention in the previous post, I'm sure it was coming as that is your MO. Just fun pushing your buttons though as you think anyone who has a different view to you is a raving leftie - think I only need some kind of Corbyn reference for a full house.

You are mistaken, I have no idea what your views on Brexit are and only assumed your political viewpoint from your use of the term 'hard right' which either referred to your opinion of UKIP or me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You are mistaken, I have no idea what your views on Brexit are and only assumed your political viewpoint from your use of the term 'hard right' which either referred to your opinion of UKIP or me.
I'll admit that until I just checked, my interpretation of hard right was different from the accepted meaning which is why I didn't use far right as that was not my intention so I apologise. I have no idea what the accepted term is as I am not a particularly political animal but I meant to refer to dyed in the wool right wing advocates. Conservative with a big C if you will. But the point still stands that PR was dismissed by pretty much anyone particularly right wing when it was the liberals moaning they didn't have enough seats for their vote share. As soon as UKIP gained traction, it suddenly became so unfair how little they got for their vote share.

And, for the record, I wasn't in favour of PR then or now. I am just amused and saddened at the same time at the amount of hypocrisy from people on all sides when it comes to issues like this. I don't have a dog in this fight as I am one of the famous floating voters who has to make a choice at the time as I have no party affiliation. And watching the ridiculous name calling on the Brexit thread makes me glad I have no affiliations.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I’m a leftie remoaner, ( not so much a snowflake) and quite proud of it really, I don’t see it as an insult.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'll admit that until I just checked, my interpretation of hard right was different from the accepted meaning which is why I didn't use far right as that was not my intention so I apologise. I have no idea what the accepted term is as I am not a particularly political animal but I meant to refer to dyed in the wool right wing advocates. Conservative with a big C if you will. But the point still stands that PR was dismissed by pretty much anyone particularly right wing when it was the liberals moaning they didn't have enough seats for their vote share. As soon as UKIP gained traction, it suddenly became so unfair how little they got for their vote share.

And, for the record, I wasn't in favour of PR then or now. I am just amused and saddened at the same time at the amount of hypocrisy from people on all sides when it comes to issues like this. I don't have a dog in this fight as I am one of the famous floating voters who has to make a choice at the time as I have no party affiliation. And watching the ridiculous name calling on the Brexit thread makes me glad I have no affiliations.

Yes I agree (again) that polticians of all persuasions only ever moan about voting systems when it disadvantages them.

I completely agree the brexit thread is horrendous, an island of the Other Stuff on the main board. Don't take it as too representative of 'some' peoples opinions most of those who participate in it know the game .. trollfest. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here