Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The football cow

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
That doesn't seem to have been the point of this thread. Hartlepool are currently in danger of going bust, and that wouldn't have been helped by a limit of £20k a week wages. The Championship clubs spending beyond their means is mostly wealthy people speculating to accumulate. If you want to protect clubs from owners who like to take risks, other means are available (like a stronger FFP model for example).

Actually you changed it to that point by saying how much should they earn and should film stars be capped.

I don't think Hartlepool should be spending £20k on any player!
£100k world class players
£50k top premiership players
£20k other premiership players
£10k championship players
£5k league 1
£2k league 2

Club's shouldn't get in trouble then. As for players having short careers, even league 1 players on £2k is a great wage. Shame they will have to work after football but so does most other people. I am probably in a championship possibly premiership job and I will have to work into my 60's, why can't they?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually you changed it to that point by saying how much should they earn and should film stars be capped.
No I didn't. I didn't say how much they should earn, I asked what others thought, and you can't change what the thread is about just by asking a question.

I don't think Hartlepool should be spending £20k on any player!
They haven't. And a £20k limit wouldn't help them in their struggle for survival.

As for players having short careers, even league 1 players on £2k is a great wage. Shame they will have to work after football but so does most other people. I am probably in a championship possibly premiership job and I will have to work into my 60's, why can't they?
So hundreds of thousands of people dream of being able to do what you do, and they try their hardest but just aren't good enough? And you aren't earning much? That seems unlikely.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agreed with every word of the cited article and sadly, we are having to play the same way in order to survive. Sky TV ruined the sport that was English football . Funnily enough, clubs like Liverpool had more European success than they do now , with all that money . Remember when Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest were successful in Europe? .. seems unthinkable now.

Kick out Murdoch, let it find it’s own level and we will all enjoy it more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here