Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Guardian Tabloid

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But that is precisely the point. JC is biased, as he admits and as I am and we no secret of it - you pretend that what you are reading is totally objective; you pick up the paper, analyse what is written from a variety of angles, and then come to the conclusion that the left wing stance must be right.

That's not helping, I thought you said it was a left wing stance, make your mind up. Besides, two biased people telling me I shouldn't be biased ? I might go and talk to Mr Dacre about people banning other peoples bias, he'd stand up for my right or my left for sure.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Looks pretty good. (Minor point: except the use of highlight yellow.)

Hate the masthead/logo, though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Even if you are not left of centre the Guardian is a great read, its proper journalism. Most people just want infotainment though, and this is what sells

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How can you possibly be in a position to make such a sweeping judgement? You could not possibly know if that were true. You might want to believe that, but that alone does not make it fact.

Quite easily. In the last report/year of the IPCC, the Daily Mail had a far, far higher number of complaints against it than any other Newspaper, and a far, far higher % of complaints upheld than any other Newspaper. It seeks out, emphasises or makes up what it needs to emphasise its editorial standpoint.

The Guardian, in the meantime, is a pro-remain Newspaper which has a Brexiteer Economics Editor, a left of centre Newspaper which prints articles by Theresa May and Boris Johnson - a bit more evidence of balance.

And no, I don't believe everything I read in it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The grey/pink field on the puzzle page makes the cryptic crossword easier to read in the dim light of the pubs I frequent.
It's a yes from me.
That said, the masthead is a MESS

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Hate the yellow highlights. Very happy that the crosswords are slightly bigger and that the cryptic is not on the fold.

Not happy that sport is no longer a seperate section on Saturday.

Anyone who says that the Guardian is the left-wing equivalent of the Daily Mail clearly doesn't read both very often. Left-wing equivalent of The Times is probably more accurate.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Very disappointed having to pay £2.90 on Saturday for a paper that has the look and feel of the free (Brighton) Leader. Don't they realise how design conscious us readersheep are?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Personally for me it's another nail in the coffin for "Great" Britain. Sort of thing that makes me want to leave the country.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Hate the yellow highlights. Very happy that the crosswords are slightly bigger and that the cryptic is not on the fold.

Not happy that sport is no longer a seperate section on Saturday.

Anyone who says that the Guardian is the left-wing equivalent of the Daily Mail clearly doesn't read both very often. Left-wing equivalent of The Times is probably more accurate.

More like the left wing newspaper equivalent of time out and q magazine - news of the middle aged, middle class and middle of the road left of centre.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What exactly was it that took them so long to come to such a no-brainer decision? ???

The three Berliner presses cost £50m in 2005, it spent a further £30m on printworks in London and Manchester. So over 5 years that investment cost £8 million a year. Maybe they did not want to come to terms with that failed Business strategy. Especially as the circulation has halved since 2005.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here