Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Guardian Tabloid

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Its the lefts version of the Daily Mail, so not really fit for purpose in any shape it comes in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its the lefts version of the Daily Mail, so not really fit for purpose in any shape it comes in.

ish. I don't think it's gone as far left as the DM goes to the right (frequently, tacitly supporting racism/discrimination), but it does go too far left at times, agreed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its obviously still the same balanced, well researched, objective, informative and well written journalism and reporting just in a different size. The only issue I now have is remember to use the term “red tops” when sneering at others.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Its obviously still the same balanced, well researched, objective, informative and well written journalism and reporting just in a different size. The only issue I now have is remember to use the term “red tops” when sneering at others.

Is it genuinely all of the above Noel? I want to get back into a quality daily paper and was going to start taking the Guardian but now am leaning more to The Telegraph?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ish. I don't think it's gone as far left as the DM goes to the right (frequently, tacitly supporting racism/discrimination), but it does go too far left at times, agreed.

Far left? This is the paper that endorsed the Lib Dems in the 2010 election and is vehemently anti-Corbyn,

It's true to say that it wouldn't happen in Germany either - tageszeitung is a left-leaning (more left than the Guardian, certainly) non-broadsheet paper

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Far left? This is the paper that endorsed the Lib Dems in the 2010 election and is vehemently anti-Corbyn,

It's true to say that it wouldn't happen in Germany either - tageszeitung is a left-leaning (more left than the Guardian, certainly) non-broadsheet paper

Exactly...whilst some of the contributors are a bit regressive left, it's generally more balanced than the DM in my opinion.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Guardian has leftist sympathies but is hardly unreadable because of it. It's a good newspaper.

I'm left of centre but I do enjoy reading The Times on occasion. I used to read The Telegraph for sport.

For me, The Observer is the best newspaper I have read globally.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is it genuinely all of the above Noel? I want to get back into a quality daily paper and was going to start taking the Guardian but now am leaning more to The Telegraph?

Take both, then you'll know you have what you need to consider both points of view..

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Absolute bollocks.

That is the independent.

Absolutely agree with this.

The Independent is a rag like no other.

The Times for me, not too right wing but has a nice rightish swing that I like. That said, I do like to read Guardian's opinion section, which often has a really broad range of writers from all over the spectrum.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Absolute bollocks.

That is the independent.

Ha! I was going to say that! I don't know how it has the gall to still call itself the 'Independent', i guess because the 'Rabid European' is too much of a mouthful. I just think of it as the Daily Mail for vegans.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm disappointed the Grauniad no longer has a separate sports section. They've also dropped listings for radios 1,2,5 & 6 from the guide, I assume to save money.
But apart from that it's still the same quality.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I used to get the Guardian every day when I worked in Worthing in the early 90's.

There was a bloke I worked with, thick as shite, who said to me one day "You're Labour, why do you read a Conservative paper ?" I asked him what he meant and he said "The big ones are Conservative papers and the little ones are Labour".
He genuinely believed that broadsheets were all pro-tory and tabloids pro-labour.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

BS.jpg

More like the Left's version of The Times (although not sure how these new 'tabloid' layout is going to affect their journalism).

The Left's version of the Daily Mail would be The Mirror.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Spot on, the only difference being it's a tad more subtle in pandering to their readerships prejudices/blinkered myopic view of the world. :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here