Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Remaining transfer business

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just thought I'd try and gather thoughts from people around the new signing, to me it seems like he is a replacement for Izzy Brown and being packaged as a striker to appease fans currently.

Are people of the Opinion we will be looking to bring in another striker or will that be it now?

In addition to that where else if anywhere do you think we will be looking to bring in furter players in January?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Didn't think we would sign a striker so am pretty chilled now we have this new fella.

Personally I think we are heading down anyway so maybe that's why my tune is changed.

If we were to get another top striker and a top midfielder then views may change

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to the Argus today we are still looking to bring in another striker as a non-like-for-like replacement for Izzy Brown.

Talk of a central defender to allow Goldson to go out on loan has fizzled out, so it looks like that is it.

IN:

1 striker

OUT:

LuaLua

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd hope were looking at an additional midfielder, with a little more creative flair to give us other options.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah, I think our club record signing is a replacement for Izzy Brown. We needed someone to come on for the last 5 minutes or so of games and he fits the bill perfectly. I fully expect us to now spend 18m to replace Sidwell as the bench midfielder and 22m for a fourth choice winger now that Murphy has gone.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just thought I'd try and gather thoughts from people around the new signing, to me it seems like he is a replacement for Izzy Brown and being packaged as a striker to appease fans currently.

Are people of the Opinion we will be looking to bring in another striker or will that be it now?

In addition to that where else if anywhere do you think we will be looking to bring in furter players in January?

One thing is for sure, Jurgen Locadia will need to hit the ground running, (once he is fit of course), we need his goals immediately, and yes, l think we could do with another forward player, although l think there is little chance of us signing one now.

Another place l think we are light, is in midfield. I have been banging on all season about the need to sign players who have previous Premier League experience. I have always liked Robert Snodgrass, yes his best days are probably behind him now, but he is feisty, committed, always gives 100%, and has goals in him.. Just the sort of character we need in the team in my opinion. Currently at Aston Villa. Surely it wouldn't take too much to persuade them to sell?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What about a loan option for Ben Woodburn of Liverpool or Harry Winks of Tottenham - both similar players to the mould of Izzy Brown.

No thanks, no loan deals for me. By and large they just don't work out, we need players who are willing to run through a brick wall for the club. Very few loan players are prepared to stand up and be counted when the going gets tough. Issy Brown was a prime example of that. We are almost at the business end of the season now, and everyone has to give their all.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
One thing is for sure, Jurgen Locadia will need to hit the ground running, (once he is fit of course), we need his goals immediately, and yes, l think we could do with another forward player, although l think there is little chance of us signing one now.

Another place l think we are light, is in midfield. I have been banging on all season about the need to sign players who have previous Premier League experience. I have always liked Robert Snodgrass, yes his best days are probably behind him now, but he is feisty, committed, always gives 100%, and has goals in him.. Just the sort of character we need in the team in my opinion. Currently at Aston Villa. Surely it wouldn't take too much to persuade them to sell?

He's on loan at Villa from West Ham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

On loan from West Ham.

The loan would need to be cancelled and that may not even be possible unless both teams agree.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we'll be in the market for a RB. Whether thats now or in the summer. Bruno can no longer cut it at this level and Schlotto is a wing back really. Another winger is also a possibility Murphy has gone, Knocky is out of favour maybe, so thats possible.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The Argus article say Chelsea have to cancel the Izzy Brown loan to enable us to sign someone else. Is this correct, could they just keep it open in hope Izzy plays some games at the end of season, or are they just making a story out of some thing that would just be a formnality.

Brown’s return to Stamford Bridge does not automatically give Albion scope for two loans unless Chelsea agree to cancel the deal, which was scheduled to be for the whole season.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/158...ness_in_January_transfer_window_says_Hughton/

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Argus article say Chelsea have to cancel the Izzy Brown loan to enable us to sign someone else. Is this correct, could they just keep it open in hope Izzy plays some games at the end of season, or are they just making a story out of some thing that would just be a formnality.

Brown’s return to Stamford Bridge does not automatically give Albion scope for two loans unless Chelsea agree to cancel the deal, which was scheduled to be for the whole season.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/158...ness_in_January_transfer_window_says_Hughton/

It seems Chelsea haven't cancelled the loan yet.

To be honest I hope we don't need it cancelled as that means we are bringing in 2 loan players. At this stage why would loan players even care if we go down ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

That is correct, both sides have to agree to end the loan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here