Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sleepwalking back to the Championship

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Attitude is everything. Show no respect for the big teams or their big players, just like Ezequiel did on Saturday.

Dads - Stop getting your kids to hold up signs asking for opposition players shirts no matter how good said player is. I know this has been covered in other threads, but this is only gonna get worse when Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal etc come to town. Expect not one, but dozens of cringe worthy signs, just change Hazard for Kane, Sanchez, Pogba, Ozil, Lukaku etc.

All of this comes hot on the heels of the nauseating sight of Duffy and Kayal getting Mo Salah to sign a shirt and Tomer FFS on his Instagram feed, standing there like a lemon holding the shirt of Ibrahimovic.

I am prepared for a roasting by the 'take the tribalism out of football', 'its just a game', 'its just 22 men kicking around a bag of leather' brigade. I don't care anymore, unless attitudes of some fans and some players change we're back in the championship to the chant of 'Fleetwood, on a Tuesday night'

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Attitude is everything. Show no respect for the big teams or their big players, just like Ezequiel did on Saturday.

Dads - Stop getting your kids to hold up signs asking for opposition players shirts no matter how good said player is. I know this has been covered in other threads, but this is only gonna get worse when Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal etc come to town. Expect not one, but dozens of cringe worthy signs, just change Hazard for Kane, Sanchez, Pogba, Ozil, Lukaku etc.

All of this comes hot on the heels of the nauseating sight of Duffy and Kayal getting Mo Salah to sign a shirt and Tomer FFS on his Instagram feed, standing there like a lemon holding the shirt of Ibrahimovic.

I am prepared for a roasting by the 'take the tribalism out of football', 'its just a game', 'its just 22 men kicking around a bag of leather' brigade. I don't care anymore, unless attitudes of some fans and some players change we're back in the championship to the chant of 'Fleetwood, on a Tuesday night'

No roasting, kind of get where you're coming from but the kid asking for Hazard's shirt was a Chelsea fan, as was his uncle who took him to the game.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
No roasting, kind of get where you're coming from but the kid asking for Hazard's shirt was a Chelsea fan, as was his uncle who took him to the game.

Thanks for clarifying Dazzer. I thought at the time it must be a Chelsea fan until others said they were in the home end.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What a load of bollocks ! Kids, or indeed players, asking for shirts etc has no affect on how the team play ( or the tactics CH decides upon ).

I'm still of the belief we will survive albeit by the skin of our teeth. I find it strange, there was an almost board wide feeling when we were promoted that we would struggle but that we should enjoy our time in the PL regardless of what happened. I'm still of that thinking and will continue to enjoy our time ..... even if we go down. Just wish all that positivity on the board then was still here today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I’m with you - bang on. Just shows how shite the prem is on some respects that even fellow pros seem starstruck of some colleagues. All money money money....

As for the Chelsea fan in East - bit annoying really... but at least it wasn’t a BHA fan...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm quite looking forward to life back in the championship

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
What a load of bollocks ! Kids, or indeed players, asking for shirts etc has no affect on how the team play ( or the tactics CH decides upon ).

I'm still of the belief we will survive albeit by the skin of our teeth. I find it strange, there was an almost board wide feeling when we were promoted that we would struggle but that we should enjoy our time in the PL regardless of what happened. I'm still of that thinking and will continue to enjoy our time ..... even if we go down. Just wish all that positivity on the board then was still here today.

You don't think star struck players with one eye on who's shirt they're gonna ask for has any impact on how they play. What does it say about they're 'inferiority complex' attitude, remind me again who Ezequiel chased for a shirt on Saturday. I only mention him as he embodies the couldn't give a $hit, never give up, passionate attitude that most fans want to see.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't see the problem with Hemed and Zlatan's shirt TBH. He swapped it as teams do with shirts at the end of a lot of matches and managed to get one of the finest players in European football of the last decade. Autographs is a bit far though.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

This bothers me more than some little fella asking for the shirt of probably the best player performance we've seen at the Amex. I'm glad they've seemed to nip that in the bud.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You don't think star struck players with one eye on who's shirt they're gonna ask for has any impact on how they play. What does it say about they're 'inferiority complex' attitude, remind me again who Ezequiel chased for a shirt on Saturday. I only mention him as he embodies the couldn't give a $hit, never give up, passionate attitude that most fans want to see.

It has to, even if it's subconscious and only a small % - enough to make a difference. We've certainly played against the top 6 looking a bit starstruck (except Schelotto who was magnificent in his attitude on Saturday).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're staying up and we're going to do so with ease. Everyone chill out.

I'm not sure that we will do so with ease, but yeah I think we will too. Sure we're in a slump, but 11 teams - more than half the league - is separated by a grand total of SIX points at the moment. We're no more or less likely to go down than any of those others. Let's face it, the next six games will define our season. If we can just win half of them, we'll stay up fairly comfortably. Big ask - ish.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Yep . Players taking photos in the big stadiums is bullsh*t too . Compared to our rivals, from top to bottom we are too nice .
But its not too late.
Let's make it an absolute fecking cauldron against West ham .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Agreed.
All I really hoped for was that we stayed up for a few seasons.
As long as we didn't go down with a new record lowest points tally I would have not been too bothered.A lot of our performances have shown that we can survive in this division and possibly do better than we have with a couple of additions.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was bound to happen once we eventually made it into the PL.
The lost generation came back to support the Albion, along with the FIFA XBox/PS generation soaking up as much PL as possible.
I know of two young lads who as well as watching the Albion, because they're uncle supports them, mostly go to the big games, because the 'big time billy bollox' are playing.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Do you think none of our players from 79 grabbed a shirt or two off the likes of Trevor Brooking or Ossie Ardiles?

Edit: Brooking would not have crossed paths with us till 82, but you get my point.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here