Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Downgrading tickets

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Am using friends ticket next game to take 8 yr old nephew. Do I notify club ?. Assume no chance of stopped by steward saying should go to office and get refund

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Notifying the club is somewhat risky as you are not supposed to transfer tickets.

However, they seem to allow some upgrades which contradicts this.

Confusing.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Notifying the club is somewhat risky as you are not supposed to transfer tickets.

However, they seem to allow some upgrades which contradicts this.

Confusing.

Precisely. I’m somewhat confused. I upgrade my son’s ticket when my wife wants to attend, no problem. Surely that is transferring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I rang the club a few games ago because we were doing the same thing and I was told as it was a downgrade then don't need to notify them as no refund on the ST is given.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm confused.
What is the difference between
A/ upgrading a ticket to allow someone else to use it
B/ downgrading a ticket to allow someone else to use it
C/ allowing someone else to use it
The last being the option where, apparently, you get banned for life.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm confused.

Unofficially, you're allowed to pass on tickets to people you know. You're not allowed to sell (or pass on) to people you don't.

You're allowed to upgrade six times a year (only) - to stop fans buying cheap kids' season tickets to reserve seats.

I'm confused.

I raised this month's ago on this forum and nobody had an answer. I concluded that it can only be about notifying the club who then have the right to waive the Terms and Conditions, rather than an individual assuming they can do it automatically.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm confused.

A: The policy is the club accept kids and U18 cannot go to every game, so an U18 ST holder can upgrade a ticket 6 times per season for an adult to attend in their place.
B: There is no downgrading an adult ticket because an adult ticket is non transferrable.
C: See B.

However, B&C are not really enforced. The club unofficially accept STs are borrowed, BUT the ST holder is responsible for the person borrowing the ticket, so if they break club rules in anyway, the ST holder will also be facing punishment.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Unofficially, you're allowed to pass on tickets to people you know. You're not allowed to sell (or pass on) to people you don't.

You're allowed to upgrade six times a year (only) - to stop fans buying cheap kids' season tickets to reserve seats.

This is how I read the system and dealt with tickets in this manner on several occasions, both by upgrading, and paying, or downgrading and passing to those whose charge would be the same.

Been no problems.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
All this aggro because some bellends couldnt keep their mouths shut on NSC.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The club has to put some sensible (hardline) T&C's in place and then chooses to police them within sensible boundaries. Banning someone who openly sells their ticket to someone they don't know is harsh but reasonable measure to stop touting and potential trouble. The club does not/cannot condone people lending them on a game by game basis but turns a blind eye to this.

The time to be outraged is when someone's brother'sister is turned away for using a lent ticket and the STH is banned. This has not happened so far to my recollection.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why would you downgrade, you arent going to get a refund on your season ticket.

Just go along and you will be fine.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think its what I have often thought. On two occasions when we could not make the game, I have given our tickets for free to a friends two kids, who are about 12 and 14. My main concern was that when you enter the turnstiles it lights green, which shows its an adult ticket. I just did not want a scenario that a steward challenges them or refuses them entry. Not about any refund I imagine its just trying to avoid them any grief or distress. Anyhow they were not challenged.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here