Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Copenhagen city break suggestions

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Travel & hotel all sorted. Mid February, two couples, 3 nights. Looking for suggestions for water tours, walking tours, central restaurants, and any other tips. Thanks in advance.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Yep it’s very expensive so maybe plan your eating and drinking carefully if your on a budget. Watch out for the locals on bikes. Cyclist v tourist collisions happen all the time.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Travel & hotel all sorted. Mid February, two couples, 3 nights. Looking for suggestions for water tours, walking tours, central restaurants, and any other tips. Thanks in advance.
For a proper Danish lunch experience.... I can't recommend it enough...

www.restaurantschonnemann.dk

Also take a train trip to Malmo... good day out... cheap train too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mikkeller

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It's very cold in Feb. Even the sea freezes !

Not sure where you’re getting your weather info from.

Copenhagen and Denmark in general usually is a few degrees colder than the UK.

I went there in December a few years ago. Tickling gardens is good and right in the city centre.

If you like museums then the national museum is a good day out.

Try to get a tour of he island and the three palaces/castles.

Plenty of good restaurants at different price ranges. Price wise, despite what others have said, it’s no different to London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

I went there in December a few years ago. Tickling gardens is good and right in the city centre.

Plenty of good restaurants at different price ranges. Price wise, despite what others have said, it’s no different to London

From a trip in February 2012

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If your in the area I’d take time to find Lidkoeb bar. It’s hidden away down a side street next to a big Fotex supermarket. Several floors with beers, cocktails and whiskey. Really good atmosphere and beer. Quite a few restaurants around the area as well. I normally go to Cafe Viggo which does nice food at sensible prices.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Kodbyens fiskebar is a good fish restaurant. Noma was underwhelming, as was the mermaid statue. The palaces and museums were good. Wrap up warm. Wearing blinkers may be a good idea for the men; unless you want to be told off for looking too much at the pretty Danish women, who seem to be in abundance.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
I'd recommend a walk through Christiania (the freetown) ending up at the street food market by the river for a beer and some great food (but pricey!). I had a great day last summer doing that but not sure I'd enjoy it as much in the winter!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Was that auto correct for Tivoli :lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Kodbyens fiskebar is a good fish restaurant. Noma was underwhelming, as was the mermaid statue. The palaces and museums were good. Wrap up warm. Wearing blinkers may be a good idea for the men; unless you want to be told off for looking too much at the pretty Danish women, who seem to be in abundance.

I warned my colleague about this before he went. His domestic manager hasn't really forgiven him for the goggle-eyed, mouth hanging open look he had for the entire break.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I quite enjoyed Copenhagen. It is quite expensive, but you can find some pubs that are a bit cheaper. Actually some of the Carlsberg variations aren't too bad either....

I think this is also where the famous SPUNK BAR is which is always good for a pint

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here