Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Self Assessment 2016-17

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Countdown to deadline day. Anyone smug having completed ages ago and anyone happy to run the clock down? Did both mine and my wife’s today, got a unexpected rebate so good finish to the weekend

:drink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Smug. Realised earlier in the year that my paye code was wrong (because HR are shit) so got my return in early. MASSIVE refund, and a change in tax code that generated another MASSIVE refund.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Smug. Accountant sorted mine on Friday, saved over a bag of sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Smug. Realised earlier in the year that my paye code was wrong (because HR are shit) so got my return in early. MASSIVE refund, and a change in tax code that generated another MASSIVE refund.

Enough to chip in for another striker?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mr smug here, all done a couple of months back, I'm not usually that organised though.

Just got to pay the tax bill now :(

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Jeez. not even started mine yet :tantrum: :censored:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Smug. Although I don’t do it myself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Smugish.. Bulk of it was Corperation tax, and due by 31/12/17. Chuck in a VAT quarter due then too, and Christmas time is so much fun..

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
As of midnight 18/01/2018 HMRC will no longer accept credit card payments as new law prohibits them from charging a transaction fee, "there are costs associated to processing credit card payments and as HMRC are now unable to pass these cost on to the card user and deem it unacceptable that UK tax payers should bare the costs this payment method is no longer available"

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very smug.
Accountant is a friend of Mrs Chopper so i get some money off.
He is a small accountant and my monthly figures are sent over on a spreadsheet, not a shoebox full of KFC stained receipts.
He does my self assessment and everything else and saves me a lot of money.
Best thing i done was to not go with a big expensive accountant where i would be a very small fish in a big pond.
All I do is pay the tax bill right on the cusp of when it is needed.

Note to tax people. Please stop taking my money not only from previous business but business going forward,I am a small business, not Apple, and I dont know how the next 6 months is going to go, you are like spoiled children who want it all your way and it can cripple the small businessman. Take your tax from money I have earnt, not money I may earn.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Smugish.. Bulk of it was Corperation tax, and due by 31/12/17. Chuck in a VAT quarter due then too, and Christmas time is so much fun..

I have to do 2 lots of business accounts in the UK (I have my day job plus another income stream), self-assessment, VAT and then do the similar shit over here. November time is very busy.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I don't get to be smug... I'm the mug accountant that's still got way too many to do because people don't give it to me until the last minute! [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't get to be smug... I'm the mug accountant that's still got way too many to do because people don't give it to me until the last minute! [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You should charge them extra.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Waiting for a rainy day before the 31st......SA easy for the two of us but this year dreading having to sort out NI contributions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here