Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Matt Le Tissier

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One of the greatest players never to be given a chance by England?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He did play for England.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I thought he played for England a few times.
Always seems a decent bloke but bleeds Southampton so much that he will never say anything negative even if they deserve it.
(Was he on Sky, did not watch it)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's cos he's French innit.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He had all the talent and not enough application to fulfill his potential. Always looked overweight and wouldn't be a Premier League player if he had played in this era unless he was more far more professional.

What a player though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He had all the talent and not enough application to fulfill his potential. Always looked overweight and wouldn't be a Premier League player if he had played in this era unless he was more far more professional.

What a player though.

He's still pretty slim.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
England as a team just do my head in. We had Hoddle and Robson played him as a right wing back, we had Tiss who was just sublime and never got a chance in the England side, a bit like Cantona with France. We never learn how to play our best.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He enjoyed being the big fish in that small pond of Southampton, turned down several offers from bigger clubs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was at Anfield for a Liverpool v Southampton game some years back, it was 6-0 to Liverpool when Le Tisier came on as a sub and scored the best goal of the entire game, a superb shot into the top corner, and pretty much the entire ground stood and applauded.

Saw him play in blue and white at the Goldstone too, a testimonial game, can’t remember who for , even in that game he oozed ability, he was one of the greats who never made it as a great..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Aha, an opportunity to pose one of my favourite football trivia questions. Who is the only goalkeeper to have saved a Le Tiss penalty?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He's still pretty slim.
Matt-Le-Tissier.jpg
Similar shape to Guy Butters

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here