Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baldock

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Baldock is not going to get a look in here but he could do a great job for a championship club, maybe a part exchange for a decent championship player is the way forward?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Baldock might just be the new Ashley Barnes on here. Derided, unappreciated and dismissed out of hand by many, when he does actually have a lot to offer (when fit).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
CH doesn't rate Baldock? So why did he give him a 3 year contract last June, after we'd been promoted?

As Propper mentioned two faster strikers in a 3 5 2, and we now know, we were trying to get Locadia last summer, is it possible, that Hughton has been waiting for his injury to heal, but also to get the ideal partner for him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Baldock is not going to get a look in here but he could do a great job for a championship club, maybe a part exchange for a decent championship player is the way forward?
Begging the question why risk him when chasing games we're unable to win.
I think Baldock might just be the new Ashley Barnes on here. Derided, unappreciated and dismissed out of hand by many, when he does actually have a lot to offer (when fit).
That'll only happen if he plays a full season, elsewhere.
If that happens posters won't be interested in what he's doing just how is he doing it.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We have tried most things to get bloody goals in the Premier League, but we have not tried Baldock - either in a two or somewhere across the front line. GM and TH are both good footballers but painfully slow. CH experimented the other day but decided against any role for Baldock. So we are still waiting to see what affect he might/could have on a painfully goal shy attack. He's a busy little ******* so he might just cause one of these 'superstar' defenders to **** up. But if Chris never plays him we just won't know - which is good for NSC traffic but **** all else.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Can't see the connection myself. Barnes got abuse on here because he played every game and people didn't appreciate how good he was. Baldock isn't playing. How can he be unappreciated when their currently isn't anything to appreciate?

If he gets a run of 10 games, is playing well, setting up and scoring goals AND is then getting derided and unappreciated on here, then you may have a point...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I just don't understand why Baldock has been not only omitted from the starting line up but not used to try and save games.

He's better than either GM or TH in my opinion.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
CH doesn't rate Baldock? So why did he give him a 3 year contract last June, after we'd been promoted?

As Propper mentioned two faster strikers in a 3 5 2, and we now know, we were trying to get Locadia last summer, is it possible, that Hughton has been waiting for his injury to heal, but also to get the ideal partner for him?

I really hope that is true ! Two fast strikers ! The season starts here.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We owe him nothing, he owes us years of wages whilst hiding in the treatment room!

The real problem is that he just doesn't have the quality to impact the game. Does anyone REALLY think he'd have caused Chelsea's megabucks defence any real problems? There's no final product with him, he's all huff and no puff which is why he's not getting in the team. That being said, I do think he would have offered more than March did - and picking March when Baldock and Izquierdo are far more natural in that position was very strange.

He hasn’t had a chance this season yet so that statement isn’t exactly true

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It is interesting that he gets so much stick about not being fit to play and it’s not as though he is doing a Kemy...and yet Beram Kayal (who I like to)has also had the misfortune to miss several games from injuries over the last two years and yet that barely gets a mention

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Complete nonsense. Baldock has a lot more admirers on here than Barnes ever did, and far less detractors too.

Why that is I'll never know, as Baldock is half the player Barnes is.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:lolol:

Ok. Says a detractor.

Yes, and you can count me, Ninja Elephant and possibly a handful of others as Baldock detractors on here. Barnes seemed to have loads more. Also, I've never heard Baldock get stick from our fans at a game, yet, almost unbelievably, Barnes did.

Perhaps that's because of what Bold Seagull says though, about Barnes always playing, whereas Baldock spends a lot of time out injured.

D

Deleted member 2719

I find it very hard to believe that CH is potentially putting the clubs Premier League survival at risk because he has sort of beef with Baldock and/or Jose.

However, i do wish he would give Baldock a chance.

But if you look at Hughtons stubbornness to defend defend defend ( until the Chelsea match) then i think we have our anwser, he struggles with decisions that are out of his comfort zone.

I think Baldock is a handful, quick brain, quick feet and deserves to get far more game time.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Rubbish
He contributed 12 goals for us last season, some of them absolute corkers, and most of them CRUCIAL. I'm not saying he'd tear it up in the PL, but his pace and workrate would certainly bring something to the team that we currently lack, and there's always a chance of him chipping in with a few.

Which makes his complete exclusion from the field since he got fit utterly baffling.

This!!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
According to a friend of mine in the footballing realm - Wigan are in for our Sam. Wages could well be a stumbling block however, but they are definitely interested :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to a friend of mine in the footballing realm - Wigan are in for our Sam. Wages could well be a stumbling block however, but they are definitely interested [emoji106]
I reckon he'll go as well.

Without Rosenior, Sidwell, maybe Goldson and Baldock, our Home Grown Player numbers are being devastated !

No chance Dunk could go in these circumstances - and Krul and Walton will both have to be in the 25 at this rate of attrition.

Best recruit Nick Powell and Aden Flint asap.

Actually perhaps Powell and Baldock is a swap....

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, and you can count me, Ninja Elephant and possibly a handful of others as Baldock detractors on here. Barnes seemed to have loads more. Also, I've never heard Baldock get stick from our fans at a game, yet, almost unbelievably, Barnes did.

Perhaps that's because of what Bold Seagull says though, about Barnes always playing, whereas Baldock spends a lot of time out injured.

There must be something in the esteem your held in grows with absence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here