Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Proud

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am PROUD of BHAFC tonight. Yes we lost 4 0 but we gave it one hell of a go. 2 STONEWALL penalties and hit the post. Chelsea FC are at a completely different level to us with some of the best players in the World.

Their second goal was the best team goal I think I have ever seen watching my team for 43 years. Hazard is a fantastic player. Sometimes you have to take it on the chin. 4 0 flattered them but after 2 0 down after 6 minutes we stuck to it.

Schelotto was bloody superb. Down but not out. It will be a hell of an ask to stay up now is my opinion but as long as we give all, as a fan I will be happy

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Couldn’t go today, so I’m watching the game on sky plus now. We were good in the first half, we need to play like this against teams of our level though, and we would win enough to stay up

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
If we stick with this formation and the new striker proves to be as good as hoped then I can see us picking up enough points to stay up. I liked the way this set up allowed Propper to foray forward more, a bit like he does for The Netherlands, and Schelleto was a revelation. I'd definitely keep Suttner in for Bong but replace Stephens with Kayal. Other than that all good, apart from the scoreline obviously. Sometimes you've just got to take your hat off to certain players, and today Hazard an Willian were just world class. As for the ref though, shocking display. It's hard enough as it is against the top six sides without having that level of incompetence / favouritism going against you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe people suggesting Kayal for possibly our POTS so far Stephens. Granted he puts in a lot of effort but achieves very little. Our problem at the moment is that teams are exposing our 2 CBs as being gutsy players but with little ability as opposed to the early part of the season when they were winning everything teams are now playing on their weaknesses.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I can't do a thumbs up. But thumbs up to this.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk
That was supposed to be a reply to
hungry Joe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we stick with this formation and the new striker proves to be as good as hoped then I can see us picking up enough points to stay up. I liked the way this set up allowed Propper to foray forward more, a bit like he does for The Netherlands, and Schelleto was a revelation. I'd definitely keep Suttner in for Bong but replace Stephens with Kayal. Other than that all good, apart from the scoreline obviously. Sometimes you've just got to take your hat off to certain players, and today Hazard an Willian were just world class. As for the ref though, shocking display. It's hard enough as it is against the top six sides without having that level of incompetence / favouritism going against you.

That. All of it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I cannot believe people suggesting Kayal for possibly our POTS so far Stephens. Granted he puts in a lot of effort but achieves very little. Our problem at the moment is that teams are exposing our 2 CBs as being gutsy players but with little ability as opposed to the early part of the season when they were winning everything teams are now playing on their weaknesses.
Stephens. Player of the season? Have you lost your meds? Forget the ridiculous song, he always gives the ball away.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Stephens. Player of the season? Have you lost your meds? Forget the ridiculous song, he always gives the ball away.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's because he tries to make creative passes more than any player on the pitch. He's the anti-Hammond.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am PROUD of BHAFC tonight. Yes we lost 4 0 but we gave it one hell of a go. 2 STONEWALL penalties and hit the post. Chelsea FC are at a completely different level to us with some of the best players in the World.

Their second goal was the best team goal I think I have ever seen watching my team for 43 years. Hazard is a fantastic player. Sometimes you have to take it on the chin. 4 0 flattered them but after 2 0 down after 6 minutes we stuck to it.

Schelotto was bloody superb. Down but not out. It will be a hell of an ask to stay up now is my opinion but as long as we give all, as a fan I will be happy

Yep - agree totally

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Absolutely. Could not agree more; if we go down then so be it -desperately disappointing, but whatever happens we must at the very least give it a real go, as we did today for a good hour of the match. Hazard's performance was a real revelation -what a player.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Well said US. On reflection I'm immensely proud of the team today. I just hope the new formation and new striker does enough to keep us up

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
At last - a team that gave it a real go and looked as if they were determined to achieve something this afternoon. I had the feeling that if Murray had started then some of the first half attempts on goal would have ended up in the back of the Chelsea net.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
US you do go into raptures over nothing yes it was an improvement but nothing to go into raptures over and certainly not a performance to be proud of.

Bollocks. I stayed to after and clapped them off (rare for me). Hazard is top 5 in the world. I love my boys.

Duffy was a worry today, though. Off the pace, and head dropping after each cock up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here