Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Boro?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I really dont care how weak the team against Middlesbro is and I see it as the ideal chance to throw the likes of Tilley, Bjordal,Connolly Gykores etc into the game to see how they do. We may be surprised by somebody.

Rest the 1st XI players who have played nearly every game.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Looking forward to this game and hope CH puts out a nice strong team that can get a result.

Well up for a cup run and dreaming can get to Wembley, why not !
Don’t forget 1983, don’t get me wrong I loved going to Wembley for the final, but this year I want BHA to stay up in the best league in the world

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tempting to suggest playing mainly first-teamers and 3-5-2, as I did for the last round, because we blatantly need to practice it.

But it's just too risky a few days before Soton.

So, development squad, I say. Welcome back Skalak.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
We have got used to losing, so absolutely can't be defeated in this game. We need to go into our next league game on the back of a victory, so for me CH HAS to play his strongest team possible in the same formation V Chelsea.

This is a must Win game.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
We have got used to losing, so absolutely can't be defeated in this game. We need to go into our next league game on the back of a victory, so for me CH HAS to play his strongest team possible in the same formation V Chelsea.

This is a must Win game.

I’d much rather we play some fringe players in a meaningless cup fixture and win our must win league games coming up against Saints, West Ham and Stoke. Each to their own though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Krul
Bruno
Goldson
Hunnemier
Bong
Izquierdo
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak
Baldock
Tilley

Subs Maenpaa Scheletto Dunk Propper Hemed Gyorkes Knockaert

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some of the suggested line ups are pretty good when compared to last year's team.

Still think we will lose though. Unless Boro have a lack of appetite.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Whatever the team was against palace will do for me.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tend to pick the team for Southampton and West Ham and then put in the ones left out for Middlesbrough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The main importance is to make sure Pröpper, Groß and Murray are rested for Southampton.

Maybe rest Stephens as well, although that makes the central midfield selection trickier.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The main importance is to make sure Pröpper, Groß and Murray are rested for Southampton.

Maybe rest Stephens as well, although that makes the central midfield selection trickier.

I imagine Stephens will be really up for this one...

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If we are going to play a back three I wouldn't mind seeing Stephens playing in the middle of the three (sweeping), I thought we needed a better passer in the system. This would also mean we can play a more positive midfield in Kayal and Propper.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I’d much rather we play some fringe players in a meaningless cup fixture and win our must win league games coming up against Saints, West Ham and Stoke. Each to their own though.

I would agree if we were winning some games in the League, but now this isn't a meaningless game any more, its a must must must win, we have to start winning whatever it takes. This is a perfect opportunity to make that start.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One of Southampton and West Ham is 'must win' and the other of them is 'must not lose'.

Middlesbrough is simply 'nice to win'.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Greer
Rosenior
Knockaert
Stephens