Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5-70 mins

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We played excellently. We all knew games like this would happen and these aren’t what will decide our fate. Never a 4-0 and could have had a point with a bit of luck and half decent officials. Hazard was just on a different level wasn’t he...

Keep The Faith! Let’s stick by Chris and the boys and build on this performance. Up the Albion.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Strange game where the score didn’t reflect the good performance some of the lads put in. Our defending was sloppy but going forward we looked promising. Hope we stick with the formation against Southampton.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
If you take hazard out of Chelsea they wre nothing special. This formation really works allows proper to play a more attacking game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Strange game where the score didn’t reflect the good performance some of the lads put in. Our defending was sloppy but going forward we looked promising. Hope we stick with the formation against Southampton.
I agree but I’m not going to be too harsh on the defenders as it was simply Eden Hazard. Frightening how good he was - far better than anyone on the pitch and really world class. I felt sorry for Duffy etc having him run at them. No other Chelsea players seemed to cause our defence that many problems.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We played excellently. We all knew games like this would happen and these aren’t what will decide our fate. Never a 4-0 and could have had a point with a bit of luck and half decent officials. Hazard was just on a different level wasn’t he...

Keep The Faith! Let’s stick by Chris and the boys and build on this performance. Up the Albion.

Trouble is, it was gone after five minutes.
Keep the faith all you like, our approach to games against the big six has been way off.
Unlike our rivals (who have similar quality squads ) we look scared and beaten before kick off.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I agree but I’m not going to be too harsh on the defenders as it was simply Eden Hazard. Frightening how good he was - far better than anyone on the pitch and really world class. I felt sorry for Duffy etc having him run at them. No other Chelsea players seemed to cause our defence that many problems.

Agree that Hazard was class and ran riot but felt defending for first and third goals was pretty poor.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was a free hit and we tried something different. A worthwhile experiment. One worth continuing with.

Schelletto was a revelation and the best I've seen from Propper.

I'm hoping this was the trial of the new formation in readiness for our new striker.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Keep the faith all you like, our approach to games against the big six has been way off.
Unlike our rivals (who have similar quality squads ) we look scared and beaten before kick off.
The formation beat us in those opening minutes and an unlucky deflection from Stephens for the 1st after that we could’ve gone on and scored a couple ourselves

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Minute 25-40 was some of the best stuff I’ve seen this season attacking wise. Locadia would’ve been licking his lips seeing those crosses coming in and fast interchanging.

This is gonna sound odd but I’m more omptimistic about our chances of survival after seeing that performance.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Hazard's performance today was probably the best by any player at the Amex. Coutinho was very good, but Hazard today was a different level.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agreed, but you cannot start like that against most teams in this league, you have to be on it from whistle to whistle or you pay the price.
But you also need the officials to give the obvious clear important decisions and sometimes some luck to go your way.
It could have been 2-2 maybe 3-2 at half time and I thought that apart from Hazard Chelsea were very average today.
Never a 4-0 game, I was impressed with us for most of the game, but we have to put the chances away.
As for the ref, Darren Ferguson has a point, absolutely clueless, slow and overweight, maybe even c******.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
The game was already lost when we decided to start playing higher up the pitch and having a go! Hughton needs to take some responsibility for this and be more positive from the start! Although in saying that still felt Chelsea had another gear if needed! Big gulf in class and a team with pace in every position!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The others have pace, strikers and match winners. The Board gave CH a Championship squad plus Gross.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Hazard is a beautiful player and Willian was terrific too. Our performance was dictated by the early goals and we were pretty good. I really enjoyed Schelottos performance, March and Propper played well.Would like Stephens to be rested for a couple of games with Kayal coming in and I would like to have seen Baldock get 15 minutes. If we go out with a more aggressive attacking philosophy in the next few games, there will be points for the taking. Better 1 win and 1 loss then 2 draws. Feeling quite chipper this evening despite the tonking.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunate that once again we were in awe of a top six team for 6 minutes. We really do need some luck, because we have had none this season, and with a more alert ref we could have levelled before half time or at least got a goal. Then it becomes a different game.

Were those two instances on Schelotto penalties or am I just watching through rose coloured glasses. First 6 mins apart and before the third goal I really enjoyed the game. The booking after the second penalty appeal looked very harsh to me.

Did I say we need a bit of luck?

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Unfortunate that once again we were in awe of a top six team for 6 minutes. We really do need some luck, because we have had none this season, and with a more alert ref we could have levelled before half time or at least got a goal. Then it becomes a different game.

Were those two instances on Schelotto penalties or am I just watching through rose coloured glasses. First 6 mins apart and before the third goal I really enjoyed the game. The booking after the second one penalty appeal looked very harsh to me.

Did I say we need a bit of luck?

First pen was stonewall . Unfortunately ref had no view of it
Second - seen them given, but not a pen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here