Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] At least we had a go!!

No one likes losing 4-0. It breaks my heart. But I saw something positive today. After the worst start possible, and a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions we continued to fight and played some great football.

Better to lose 4-0 having a good go, than to sit back and consolidate at 2-0.

I'm very proud of the players today. I think they gave a great account of themselves, despite the scoreline.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We lost again. Game over after just 7 minutes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Was far from over. We could have easily came back with officials who weren’t bottle jobs and some luck like hitting the woodwork. We should be positive after today & stick together to give the team the best chance of staying up.

Hants_seagull

Jan 10, 2018
Horndean
Couldn’t agree more. We showed more fight and promise today than we have in weeks. The difference between the teams was their ability to finish and punish mistakes. We could have just sat back but we didn’t and in doing so created so many chances which we haven’t done for a while.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We certainly had a go. On another day:
- the ref gives at least one of the penalty claims
- Propper would have put the ball inside the post
- Caballero wouldn't pulled off a world-class save on the line
- Schelotto puts in the one-on-one

As far as 0-4 defeats go, it certainly wasn't one that we didn't contribute in. As devastating as Chelsea were on the break, 0-4 flattered them.

They're the current Champions for a reason and will shortly take on Barcelona in the Champions League knockout stage.

After a terrible start, we can be rightly proud of the way the Albion took them on and matched them for the majority of the game.

And we've had the chance to see first-hand just how effective a player Schelotto can be in the right formation for him.

No disgrace at all today.

Well done Albion.

I agree, we gifted them the best start possible. Being 2-0 after 6 minutes is football suicide. But what impressed me was the way that the team responded. They could easily have capitulated and given up. But they didn't, they went for it, and but for a bit of bad luck, and not having a decent striker on the field, we could easily have got it back to 2-2. Then who knows what might have happened.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
only the biggest money spinner on the planet but we leave it all up to human error ....2-4 i could have been happy with .

It can't come in soon enough. It could easily have been 2-2 at one point....no telling what might have happened then.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did we? Or did they sit back confident they could slice us open at a moments notice. We get that first penalty they step up a gear and go in 4-1 up at half time. If we didn't concede so early, would we have gone for it, or would we have sat back, kept it tight for as long as possible, hoping to sneak something?

Yeah, we got forward about as much as we usually do, but to what ends? March pea-bowler into their keeper's hand? Hemed heading the ball directly at the keeper? Another offside? I hope this new guy can actually finish.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
People getting carried away with thinking were somehow this attacking side now ....lol

As soon as we're 0-0 again next game im fairly confident we'll be our extremely cautious selves again. I hope not

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
No one likes losing 4-0. It breaks my heart. But I saw something positive today. After the worst start possible, and a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions we continued to fight and played some great football.

Better to lose 4-0 having a good go, than to sit back and consolidate at 2-0.

I'm very proud of the players today. I think they gave a great account of themselves, despite the scoreline.

could not agree more at least we tried something different today and it was more positive than negative for me. 0 - 4 flattered them, the future is looking alright if CH plays the team like that

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Did we? Or did they sit back confident they could slice us open at a moments notice. We get that first penalty they step up a gear and go in 4-1 up at half time. If we didn't concede so early, would we have gone for it, or would we have sat back, kept it tight for as long as possible, hoping to sneak something?

Yeah, we got forward about as much as we usually do, but to what ends? March pea-bowler into their keeper's hand? Hemed heading the ball directly at the keeper? Another offside? I hope this new guy can actually finish.

Agree. A lot of people taking positives from today and saying we were better than the result. But let's be honest, we failed to trouble a Chelsea team that was ravaged with injuries and suspensions, had a very dodgy keeper, and that played most of the match in second gear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here