Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] In the know?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Did someone on here post a few days ago that someone said categorically that they were in the know but could reveal how. but we would not be signing anyone in the window and have to continue the season with what we got?
sure i read it here somewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'll be looking for a legendary headband wearing former captain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Superb piece of reverse-jinxing by the headband-wearing poster. Top Work. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

c08cba47734f6725d74ff8fe5bd47ff9.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Obviously the original source didn't have full Top Secret clearance on transfer dealings.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Not one of the Gang of Four then.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why do people post stuff like that? Even if they get told things there's a high likelihood that it's BS. Look at Hughton's press conference the other day when he said they were nowhere near signing anyone [emoji848]

Transfers don't happen THAT quickly out of nowhere!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why do people post stuff like that? Even if they get told things there's a high likelihood that it's BS. Look at Hughton's press conference the other day when he said they were nowhere near signing anyone [emoji848]

Appears to have taken about a year in this case [emoji23][emoji23]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Appears to have taken about a year in this case [emoji23][emoji23]

The Ulloa transfer took quite a while as well, it is a long game to land prized possessions

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well, talking transfers is like talking Brexit. Everyone has a firmly held view which is most certainly correct, and everyone else is a eejit. When someone thinks something may be the case then, with sufficient strength of conviction, it becomes fact.

Here is my absolute knowledge of the facts.

The club are, as they say, actively involved in recruitment ALL THE TIME. A transfer is a bit like a lottery win. If you don't have all the numbers, you don't win. If the player wants to come, a fee is agreed, the home club agree but the missus refuses to move, there is no deal.

Chrish Hughton and the other guys don't feel a need to justify themselves by telling the media that 'we are very close'. They realise that a deal can fail at any time during the process. A deal can also be resurrected. Only a needy club and insecure manager appear daily, wringing their hands and boasting about the number of 'bodies' (incidentally, f uck off Pardew) they have in sight and how close they are over a number of deals.

I would prefer them to not tantalize me with all the bullshit about how 'close' they are. If you ask your teenage son 'have you got a girlfriend yet' you are a mug if you are reassured when he says 'nearly'. He's probably gay. Get over it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The club has previously learnt there lessons with info leaking out. They are more than watertight now. Nobody knows apart from the gang of four

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club has previously learnt there lessons with info leaking out. They are more than watertight now. Nobody knows apart from the gang of four

Agents, players, managers, chairman etc of clubs of players we're targeting obviously often know. And often talk. Hard to keep everything under wraps.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agents, players, managers, chairman etc of clubs of players we're targeting obviously often know. And often talk. Hard to keep everything under wraps.

Was Locadia on any radars until the PSV tweet Thursday? I don't remember his name coming up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was Locadia on any radars until the PSV tweet Thursday? I don't remember his name coming up.
There was a summer deadline day thread on NSC ( dwayne's mate even assessed Locadia as 'abysmal' ).

Lost in deadline day madness.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As I've said repeatedly, nobody knows anything, least of all the people who make up transfer stories for Sky and the papers. How many of them mentioned Locadia? Exactly.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

But of course some agents like to pretend there have been enquiries about their clients in order to get clubs interested. Some journalists repeat these stories unchecked because it makes them feel ITK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here